1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So is Collins. Turnovers and defensive rebounding killed us. Still a good showing in a hostile environment.

Gotta easy game at home against UMass Sat but then tough games against Kansas State and Texas.

2. sammy

Hubert Davis says we can get far in the tourney. Idk about all that yet.

3. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Great effort and nice comeback at the end. Too bad we couldn't pull it out.

Though I'm happy we at least covered the spread!

4. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Frustrating game to watch. We were right there with those guys in their gym. So sick of losing games like this. That would have been a HUGE win for the program. Second chance points and Collins killed us down the stretch.

5. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

And all the foul trouble. I also don't think Lomers can graduate fast enough. Next year is gonna be sick.

6. Egghead

Egghead Member

Next year with the addition of Perry Jones... Baylor will be pretty damn good.
    If Udoh stays for next year.. watch out, that will be a monstrous team!

1 person likes this.
  7. sammy

Yes sir. I think it would be good for Udoh to return so he can tune his offensive game. He took another hard fall tonight and is noticeably limping after hurting his hip Saturday.

After the game, Bill Self stated that "they are the best shot-making team in the league, by far.” We are competitve that's for sure, but we need to beat a ranked opponent to solidify a decent seed in the tourney.

I'm ok with just getting there bc you never know what can happen. Only time will tell.

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

The game tomorrow should be fun but I am really pumped about Tuesdays game vs k state!

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Unfortunate loss for Baylor.

I heard from someone in Kansas that Scott Drew disrespected them and it really motivated everyone to play a lot harder. I don't know if that is true or not, but disrespecting an opponent on the road is nothing new for Baylor. You would think they would figure out the consequences of that sort of thing one of these days. You have to respect the game.

Oh well. Good luck the rest of the way. I'll check back from time to time...

-Hank the Cowdog

10. sammy

Yep I was right.

Btw, great game against OU. Being down in the second half and pulling out a nail biter on your own home court. You know the same team we beat down by 30. A lulz is in order.

#70 sammy, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  11. sammy

I came upon this gem started by the intelligent poster that is Hank Mcdowell.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=175554&page=1&pp=20

Keep watching buddy! After 30 years, you still don't have a clue.

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Ok srsly stfu really Hank....let's see a&m come within 20 of kansas you fn troll..quit coming in here just to piss us off

13. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

seriously can that dude be anymore of a d-bag?

14. shoodomoney

shoodomoney Member

Well he can't root for his own team cause they blow so I guess he's going another route: rooting against another.

Whatever works for him, I guess.

And for those who don't know, Hank the Cowdog is from a series of books that I thought were pretty stupid, even when I was in elementary school.

1 person likes this.
  15. sammy

First bracket I've seen on rivals..

[​IMG]

16. sammy

This is Jason King's view on what happened in Kansas. He's on our side. Link

#76 sammy, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  17. Chamillionaire

looking good. i'm happy for any baylor alumni because they've been terrible for so long that it's nice to see them getting a few wins against good competition. i was also happy when A&M was playing well, always going for the underdog. having said that, they'll never recruit like texas, kansas, oklahoma and always will be trying to catch up to the 1st tier schools of the conference.

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

24 in the AP..any of yall coming for the game tomorrow?

19. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Another close loss. Sick of that crap.

20. sammy

Dunn single-handedly loses the game for Baylor. Fouls Pullen with 8 seconds to go in a tied game to put him at the line. He hits both freethrows and then Dunn comes down and jacks up a prayer. I would have been ok with a 3.

Pullen was on fire tonight. Udoh and Dunn were not and we still managed to be right there against a really good team. It came down to stupid mistakes all game long. Very disappointing to say the least.

Got another freaking tough game Saturday @ Texas. The schedule gets much better next week. Hopefully Hank won't troll after this one. It would look really stupid since A&M lost to KSU by 23 points a couple of weeks ago.

#80 sammy, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010