1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Astro101, Nov 22, 2008.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Drew lacks in the x's and o's department, but damn that man recruits well.

http://slamonline.com/online/college-hs/college/2009/04/nolan-dennis-to-baylor/

Nolan Dennis commits to BU

SLAM BREAKING NEWS:

Baylor has just scored the biggest coup of the recruiting season, taking what was assumed to be a Kentucky recruit & adding a solid basketball player into the mix. Nolan Dennis is a Baylor Bear. SLAM broke the news & spoke with Nolan in the late hours of the evening for the scoop.

SLAM: Nolan, I’ve just heard you’ve committed to Baylor- is this true?
    NOLAN DENNIS: Yes sir.

SLAM: What made you decide Baylor?
    ND: The coaching staff. They’ve been recruiting me since the 8th grade. They have trusted me- going through all the ups and downs of recruiting and the entire time they’ve been by my side. I felt that the bond that I have with Coach Drew makes the fit perfect.

SLAM: That’s good. Was Coach Drew the main coach who recruited you from day one or were there others involved?
    ND: It was Coach Drew, Coach Tang, Coach Mills… The entire coaching staff was a part of it and they were really loyal to me.

SLAM: Was it difficult deciding where to go after Calipari left Memphis; more to the point was it difficult to choose between Kentucky and Baylor?
    ND: Partially. I opened up my recruitment after Calipari left, and I was torn about it. But at the end of the day, I felt Baylor was the right choice.

SLAM: Are you excited to play for a fast, young Baylor team with the offensive mindset they instill in their players?
    ND: Oh yeah, Quincy, Tweety, Dunn, Jones… The entire team. It’s going to be a very good team next year. We are going to come in with good chemistry and I’ll bring another facet to the offense, another playmaker. We’re going to be a tough team in the BIG 12. I talked to the players, I was down there today, talked with the team and ran with them. That’s about it.

SLAM: Are you comfortable with the Baylor area yet?
    ND: I went to Baylor Elite Camp, so I’ve been down there quite a few times. I just feel comfortable now, I just enjoy the idea of going to school there, being in that Baylor atmosphere.

SLAM: Do you have any goals for what you want to contribute to the team from day 1?
    ND: Yeah! I have tons of goals, I mean we can go on and on. I hope I can get BIG 12 freshman of the year, defensive player of the year. I want our team to get to the NCAA tournament, but not just get there and bow out happily… I want to get deep runs in the tournament. I know they’re lofty goals, but I think you have to aim high to achieve a lot as a freshman.

SLAM: I’m guessing you believe Baylor can take that next step up and move into the top echelon of the BIG 12 next season?
    ND: I think it’s going to happen. In the past few years, we’ve had some great players coming into the program. Last year, they made it to the championship of the NIT- we just need to push through that wall and get to the NCAA tournament. Like I said, I want us to get a deep run.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And how do you feel about that, him not being the best game coach? I know I'd still be happy if I was in Baylor's situation.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

After years of nothing at all going on with BU basketball other than awful things...I'm ok with it. It frustrates the hell out of me at times watching...but it's still ridiculously better than what we've had.