1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk about highlights of Chucks career from Philly up till now.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 9, 1999.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Charles played at Philly he was a freak.(even after,probably his whole career)He could do things at 6'4' 250 that were incredible.Very few players have that ability to grab a rebound,dribble through traffic going coast to coast,and jam it home.He was the consumate competitor.This guy was a highlight film in addition to being a great basketball player....Ferocious rebounder.They had some bad teams over there then,but it wasn't Chuck's fault.He put up so many 30 and 20 games it was mind boggling.I would like to hear some of you who remember or have seen the footage tell everyone your favorite moments during this time.For me,nothing compares like I said of him going coast to coast and throwing down in for instance Parish's face......It doesn't have to be just in Philly and it certainly can be on or off the court.Lets hear those classic moments!

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited December 09, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited December 09, 1999).]

2. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

When I was younger I use to love to watch the sixers play the pistons. Why? Because evey time I knew Charles Barkley was going to beat the ****-out-of Bill Lambier. Thats what I loved about Charles, If a player showingly disrespected him on the court,
    he'd make them wish they would of respected him soon enough. God I loved it when he was with Phoneix and he would brawl with the thugs - the New York Knicks - Charles Oakley in particular.

More than any of that though I'll miss his sinceriety and honesty with the fans. Like they said Charles Barkley was a good guy who liked to make you think he was a bad guy. Sorry Charles you just can't hide that sort of stuff though. Thanks for the memories Chuck. [​IMG]

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I think he truly showed his competitiveness and his ability to stand out among other superstars in Barcelona. Even though Charles did look like an ugly american, he came to play every game. Many of the other guys seemed to be playing at practice speed, but Charles played hard the entire time.

I really do think he was trying to impress Bird, magic & Jordan. Maybe Jordasn more than anyone, he wanted to show him what he could do.

Good luck Chuck!

4. Doc

Doc Member

I liked Chucks 56 point and 14 rebound
    playoff game against Golden State.The coach,
    I think it was Don Nelson put Chris Webber and anyone else he could find to guard Charles but he was in the zone,to say the least.The networks had been running a commercial featuring Chris Webber dunking on
    Charles for a couple of weeks prior to that
    game and after Chuck schooled the whole Golden State team,needless to say,they never
    ran that commercial again.He was awesome in
    Philidelphia and the man in Phoenix.The Golden State coach said after the game that
    it was the most amazing exhibition of basketball domination he'd ever seen as a player or coach.We'll miss you Chuck.

[This message has been edited by Doc (edited December 10, 1999).]

5. Horry

Horry Member

I love Barkley´s first game with the Rockets against the Suns. He had about 35 rebound against his old team and the Rockets won.