1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's not forget some of the unsung heros...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Mar 8, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Carlos Rogers and Mo Taylor. We don't have a chance at this game without their play on the inside in the absence of Hakeem. Mo got us started off-- 21 points, 9 rebounds in just 27 minutes... he was aggressive on the glass, went to the bucket, and put up big time numbers in just 27 minutes. He kept us in the game while everything else(and I mean everything) was failing.

And who can say enough about Carlos? Cato was obviously fatigued, and we had no Dream. The 5 points/2 rebounds in the box score don't do him justice. He was so active around the basket, tipping every loose ball, battling it out for every rebound, giving 110% every time down. He did all you could ask. And no Clipper big man ever got production in the post in his stint either. Did you guys see his block on Miles that time? Carlos didn't have a great stat-sheet night, but he did everything you could ask. Played so hard, went aggressive on the glass on offense and defense, played good D, etc. Great effort Los. He should start to get more minutes.

Overall, this was an excellent game for the Rockets. It teaches teams a lot about themselves to have injuries, fatigue, and all other factors against them going into the 4th quarter and then to come away with a victory. Every team has bad days. EVERYONE. It's how you respond, and whether you can still get a W, that determines a team's true character and playoff ability. Getting wins even when everything is stacked against you like tonight is the mark of a playoff team.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Join the Official CC.net NBA Sim League!
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000201.html

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Well said, Cat.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Carlos is my MVP. Francis and Mobley played well, but Carlos was the spark. If it wasn't for that three point play early in the fourth, I think the Rockets would have lost.

------------------
    I'm the most positive Rocket fan in the world.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

You think everything on the court will cause a loss.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

5. Heath

Heath Member

Damn you ZRB - stop being negative on everything. And you need to change one word in every post you make to stop being the biggest lyar ever - to be a truthteller of biblical proportions... [​IMG]

------------------
    We can reach our destination, but it's still a ways away.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Hey Cat,

Nice Post... But don't forget about SA.. He set the tone for defense in the second half in the Atlanta game.

But you are correct it takes a team to win a championship. One person cannot do it all by himself.

------------------
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.....

7. Timing

Timing Member

I think Rudy deserves some credit for sending Los in there and giving us some much needed energy. I only saw the second half but they looked pretty dead out there man. Bummer that I missed Mo having a good game, I feel so deprived!

------------------
    ZRB isn't negative, he's just misunderstood.

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I just said that I thought Carlos's play really gave the Rockets momentum in the quarter. If he hadn't made that, the Clips could have gotten the lead up to 9 or 10 points, which would have been quite a dagger. You don't have to criticize my EVERY post do you? I could probably say:
    "Wow, Francis played well", and you would say,
    "But what about the rest of the team? I suppose they played badly, huh ZRB"
    I was just complimenting Carlos' play. That's it.

------------------
    I'm the most positive Rocket fan in the world.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Just makes me wonder why Carlos does not get more playing time. He is obviously one of our best hustlers. Rebounds and runs really well also.

------------------