1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Barzilla, Dec 10, 1999.

1. Barzilla

Barzilla Member

I'm beginning to feel like the king of insensitivity, but I think it's time for us to move on. Looking down the list of topics you see everything 'Barkley Memorial Service' to 'Let's talk about Barkley's great career'. Guys, coming from a Catholic family I can tell you that even our funeral process only lasts three days at the max. I'm not saying that I'm happy about this situation, but I think we should take our cue from the man himself. You could tell he was upset Wednesday night when he new his career had ended, but now he's moving on. Let's do the same. Listening to the way Rudy has been talking makes me optimistic. He's talking about doing the things that many of us were calling for him to do all along. Whether or not he came to this realization before or whether Barkley's injury forced him to is irrelevant. It's the kind of basketball we need to play to improve and it looks like we're going to play it.

------------------
    Rockets When? Rockets When?

2. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Barzilla-
    No Offense what do you think it will be like when Dream calls it quits? It will be a month, at least of these posts.
    Just consider this a preface to that. I know what you are trying to say, but let us enjoy remembering Chucks career.
    Plus there are plenty of posts where people are trying to determine what to do from here- tank the season, who should start, etc. I think there is as plenty of b-ball talk, as well as "rememberance" talk as well.