1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Draft Candace Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Lil Pun, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Of course that is sarcasm for those of you who don't know. I really didn't see a dunk in those two plays that were called just that today. They looked like really high layups.

2. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

they were BOTH extremely weak. i guess, technically, they are dunks, but they weren't very impressive. nothing really to get impressed over.

3. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

yeah, they way everyone was talking about them on tv i thought they would be monster dunks. i was VERY disappointed when i saw them on espn motion - she barely grazed the rim when she dunked.

4. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

You think the hype surrounding THESE dunks is bad, should have seen the McD's dunk contest when she won on a "blindfold" dunk...worst robbery ever.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dang people just hate on women so much sometimes. yeah i agree it wasnt that impressive but she is still the first to do it.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

its like when i pull down the goal to 8 feet and play dunk contest with my little step bro...

7. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

that was weak!!! she wasnt even blind folded. she covered her eyes, barely , right when the ball was about to go in. those morons at espn are hyping it like she just did something Jordan-like

8. Lil Pun

Yeah, I saw those and thought they were weak too she was just given the title because of her sex. The one woman I saw dunk before her was a girl that played for UNC back in the mid 90's and if I remember correctly she did a nice, clean dunk on a fast break.

9. Lil Pun

The girl from UNC is named Charlotte Smith.

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

How quickly everyone seems to forget Michelle Snow. She dunked a couple of times a few years ago.

11. Lil Pun

I remember her. Isn't she in the WNBA now? I know Charlotte Smith was or is.

12. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

the only reason she won that contest is cause the guy she was up against missed all of his dunks, so seh pretty much won by default.

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

they showed pretty much all of the women's dunks ever on SC last night, and either the person from the 80's or charlotte smith's "dunk" was even worse than either of parker's. parker at least got the ball above the rim and pushed it into the rim. whichever one i saw, they didn't even get high enough to really push it down or grab the rim, just kind of threw it into the back of the net. michelle snow probably has the only actual dunks, she actually did a two handed dunk and it was a real dunk (though as unexciting as possible as she just walked up and dunked it basically), where she could actually hang on the rim afterwards.

14. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Yup. And she plays (or played) for YOUR Houston Comets...

15. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

We should draft Candace Parker... she'd become one of our nations most prized sandwich makers.

here are some of her accomplishments of Monique Parker, a closely related ancestor.

[​IMG]

16. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Werd. I heard about how a girl won the dunk contest and all that, like it was a big deal. The game came on again and i got to watch it. The guys tried to overachieve with some crazy stuff. They all missed atleast one of their dunks in the final stages. The girl was doing these lame dunks that had nothing to them. She ended up winning on that blindfold ****.

It was more of she was the turtle and the guys were the rabbit who took a nap.

17. Lil Pun

Damn I wish I could have caught it. I thought, from what I remembered, that the UNC girl's dunk was actually good.