1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be real: Replace Harden with Tmac and we sweep that series or at worst go 4-1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, May 12, 2017.

1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Harden has no balls and no heart. He defers to other players (who aren't very good) in crunch time, or tries to game the system by drawing fouls instead of getting a good shot. I cannot count how many times in that series he wildly bricked some ill-advised off-balance three pointer where it was clear that the goal was to draw a dubious foul rather than actually make the shot. We saw it over and over on drives as well -- flailing around to try to get the whistle instead of making finishing the priority and taking the whistle if it happens.

I did not even watch Game 6 (it was already a blowout when I got home from work), but Game 5 showed why Harden can never be trusted. Both teams were floundering horribly at the end and could not make buckets to save their lives. That is the time when your star player needs to attack the basket and attack relentlessly to get consistent points, rather than taking heavily covered 3s.

Tmac on the other hand was a Rockets legend who gave it his absolute all until his knee was essentially "bone on bone." Even injured, and with "shooters" like Rafer Alston to pass to, he put the team on his back and got the absolute most out of squads that were essentially him surrounded by D-League players (remember, Yao was so bad defensively that the Rockets actually won more when he was injured and replaced by Dikembe Mutombo's desiccated corpse . . . T-mac was the heart and soul of those teams.

In closing, I submit these two videos that show the difference between Harden and Tmac vs. the Spurs in crunch time:

On one hand you have T-mac the stone cold assassin doing anything he can to get his shot off and will his team to victory

On the other hand you have Harden getting shamefully and embarrassingly blocked from behind by a 40-year-old after not trying to get a good shot because he didn't want the pressure of taking that shot anyways (remember he deferred to Eric f'n Gordon for the other key shot)

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Replace Harden with Tmac and we don't get out of the 1st round

Notice Harden struggles in the 2nd round of the playoffs, tmac only has highlights from the regular season

Garbage thread is garbage

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Never forget the Toronto game

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No excel chart, no graphs, me no care.

Next.

5. txn

txn Member

6. threepointshot3

LOL Harden>>>Twack

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Nice try.

8. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Those were much less talented Rockets teams and the Spurs had their legends in their prime. Not a good comparison. Point me to where Tmac quit in a playoff elimination game.

9. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Dallas game 7 2004.

10. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

I cant believe this is even a debate. Harden has accomplished way more as a rocket

11. today

today Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the OP's just being sarcastic...

12. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

If putting up 27-7-7 is quitting then what did James Harden do last night? Outside of Yao and Tmac, the entire rest of the team scored 16 points. David Wesley and Scott Padgett were playing big minutes. It was literally Tmac, a center who can't guard anyone, and a bunch of D-league guys.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

2005. A game in which Yao and McGrady combined for 60 and the rest of the team had 16 on 6/33 shooting. Great example.

across110thstreet likes this.
  14. goldoil

goldoil Member

Just accept the fact that the Rockets got beat by a better team and that the Rockets need to beef up their front court.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nope, I won't accept that the Spurs roster without Kawhi and Parker is better than the Rockets roster. Game 6 was inexcusable.

topfive likes this.
  16. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Let's be real: you are overreacting.

17. killakim

killakim Member

First, show me the game where Tmac wins a playoff elimination game

18. goldoil

goldoil Member

The lack of a front court keeping the Rockets from reaching their potential for the Rockets was forseen during the regular season.

Where the Spurs are strongest, the Rockets are weakest, which is the front court and that can make or break you in the playoffs because the playoffs are more physical.

We don't need a change at the 1 or 2 but we need a change at the 4 and 5.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

There are 3 other threads about this

Note: Hardens teammates have saved him a lot, especially in the first round this year and the comeback against Lac

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member