1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Be Honest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drumbum, Jan 2, 2009.

1. drumbum

drumbum Member

All knee-jerks aside, let's be honest guys, there's something internally wrong with this team.

Regardless of whether it's T-Mac and his attitude, something is wrong. This just isn't in today's game, it's been like this the past few games.

What's a fan to do...

2. Landlord Landry

I have been saying this for awhile, and I think the only way to fix it is for something drastic to happen, (trade one or more of the big 3, coaching change, someone needs to be benched, etc......)

3. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i dont know what happened, but for some reason, in the past couple games, this team lost its fire to compete.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

75% McGrady
    25% Adelman

McGrady needs to go. If he can't be traded then send him home for the rest of the season. Let Adelman see what he can do without the cancer screwing up the team's chemistry.

5. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

This is horrible to watch. And yes something is really wrong.

6. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Tmac just doesn't look like he wants to play. I agree something drastic needs to happen.

7. redbig3

redbig3 Member

i would like to trade t-mac with a big-mac now

8. mms

mms Member

Is tmac on trade block now?

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

If bill worell and matt notice it and call him out, something is wrong. Get rid of him now.

10. Landlord Landry

The Rockets epic fail extends far beyond T-Mac.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Can you give another explanation why a team that was, without a doubt, the hardest working team in the NBA last season suddenly mopes around the court on the nights when its fearful leader decides to show up and play?

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

For the first time I agree. Something is officially wrong with this team, this is beyond just a few bad games with lack of effort.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Unusual for the teams announcers to call out a player. Even the Knicks announcers don't call out Marbury. The Garm has been all over Mcgrady for quite a while now to their credit.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

TMac has quit trying.

From a purely guessing based upon what we have read and seen standpoint it looks like this.

Tmac wants to sit, the organization says no, Tmac sulks and doesn't try to prove a point.

The organization calls him to the carpet, he promises to play harder, then doesn't, basically forcing their hand.

At the end of the day, if Tmac is going to quit like this, they should sit him and start Wafer, move on.......and if they can trade him....do it.

DD

15. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

All BSing aside , I know what you are talking about. He just looks like he doesn't care, its over for him, I think its something personal in his life and he looks like he wants to cry in mid court

16. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

As a fan...it hurts. It's a slap in the face really...

How do I defend my team's pride when the players don't defend it themselves? I've been saying wait till next year since we drafted Yao, and I've had enough already. This is it for me...the final year. Either show me you want it or leave...

17. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

The problem is it is clearly not wise to trade tmac for a bag of peanuts now. We would certainly rather tmac can get bak to his 'form'.

the only thing that can be done is getting rid of the coaching staff

18. Landlord Landry

are you talking about Adelman or Tracy? hard to distiguish the difference.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

that wont do a damn thing, imo

i didnt get to watch the game (thank you austin time warner :mad), but if tmac played like a give up yet again i'm gonna say im about done with him. the only problem is what in the world can you trade him for? on top of that his contract is up at the end of next year, opening up a ton of cap space in one of the biggest FA markets in quite a while.

it will be a damn shame if the talent on this team doesn't amount to squat

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

haha...touche'