1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets all sit back and rejoyce on this weekend!!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by astros123, Oct 1, 2015.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

before the shannagangs start this weekend and we're scoreboard watching every hour to see whos doing what, lets sit back and ejoy this!! I remember the astros improbable wild card in 2004 and man that was fun! God I love september baseball more then any other sport. better then the nba/nfl, just because theres a game EVERY day and EVERY PITCH and EVERY AB matters.

Its just fkin awesome!! After so many years lets all sit back and drink a beer to it!! hopefully this is many years to come but fk this feels good!!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::cool::cool::cool::cool:

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Very impressive season, look at that payroll compared to the other playoff teams.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Stressful but I missed this. 2008 still haunts me
    and dammit 2006..so close..

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

These weeknight west coast games are KILLING me. 3 straight nights of waking up on the couch after the game is over. :mad:

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I admit it - I bailed last night. Felt good, too... freeing, honestly. Now I have THREE more of these MFers this weekend.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

As soon as Seager hit his homer, I went to bed. It was a nice surprise to see that the pen did some work and some of the late inning magic had returned.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm getting too old to stay up that late on weeknights. I woke up when they were down 6-3 and I turned off the TV. Checked at 2:20 when I got up to pee and had to stifle a yelp to not wake up the wife and infant. It was a lot of fun going through Twitter timeline from the 4th inning on last night. The ups and downs man...

I will be watching every ****ing pitch this weekend though.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'm ready for this weekend.

Go Astros!

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

As long as Neshek doesn't make an appearance in any of the games this weekend, let the good times roll.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This last month of baseball has honestly felt more painful than watching this team scuffle in the playoffs in 97,98,99,2001 (at times, has had almost the exact same helpless, "I give up!", feel to it).

That being said, if you are being overly affected by these games... or you're feeling apprehensive any time an opposing team simply puts a man on first... then you're fully wrapped up in meaningful baseball games/pennant-race games that is FAR more palatable than discussing how to maximize the draft slot savings, or the rule 5 draft potentials.

While everybody likes to tout worst-case scenario on how nothing is guaranteed, and you never know if this could be the last time this team is in the hunt... I will say watching this team (as a lifelong houstonian) feels a lot like watching the 96 Astros (who collapsed in similar fashion) and the 92-93 Rockets (learning how to win before losing to Seattle)... in that you have to go through these sorts of stretches/games/years before you can get over the hump.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But he will... because its baseball, and unless he's hiding an injury, he will eventually make a turnaround (much like Sipp, Qualls, Harris... hell even Oliver Perez is doing his job now).

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This is exactly what this young team needs. Experiencing a playoff atmosphere is in order to fulfill our dreams Nick. Hang in there my brother, because it's coming.

Go Astros!

13. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Have to spread rep around, but this had me internally yell "f*** yeah!".

14. conquistador#11

it's fun and exciting. call me a weirdo but I find this more exciting than what st. louis is doing, so mechanical no soul like ivan drago. they'll probably get knocked out by the dodgers.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I didn't bail, per se. I just can't stay awake past 11 on weeknights anymore - especially since school has started. I even drank some coffee at dinner to try and help, but to no avail. I was out by 10:30...

This is my biggest complaint about the move to the AL. Having 3 west coast teams in our division. The road games are murder.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree! What a great weekend of Baseball.

So who is everyone going for?

Obviously TWINS lose games.

Rangers or Angels?

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Twins lose.

Comet strike at Rangers/Angels series....or just watch and see what happens tonight. whoever wins tonight, you should PROBABLY be rooting for the rest of the way...i guess.

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lol. If Angels win tonight, it will be a fight on series till Sunday. If the Rangers win tonight and tomorrow. I can see them going into relax mode the last 2 games because they will probably have the Division on lock.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yep..totally agreed.

should be a fun weekend....I HOPE :)

20. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Gonna be weird to just sit back and watch the Angels-Rangers because I am not going to know who I am rooting for until about the middle of our game on Friday :)