1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let it be clear here and now, Tillman is pressuring Morey to take this ridiculous risk.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

don’t quote me with useless ass posts

where would we be without LorneMalvo to tell us who to blame...

2. mastan

mastan Member

Rockets hasn't proven that the current team can beat warriors without KD... given that KThompson signs with Warriors and Warriors are trying to get deeper.....it will be bad idea to run it back. K Thompson will be back healthy (6-9 months from now) well before the playoffs.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling that us diehard fans are going to regret that Tillman ever bought the Rockets.

Nelly likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yea youre right i highly doubt you can read

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"do it or yer fired"

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is a risk to your intelligence

matchesmalone likes this.
  8. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

If you bought a billion dollar franchise, what would you do? You guys cry and complain so much about everything, it’s hilarious.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Morey likes to be pressured and accepts challenges, albeit his mistakes.

I like star power too but I rather have younger star power.....why not go after D'Angelo Russell for instance?

10. JW86

JW86 Member

If I’d be from this city and truly cared, I’d look into getting better fans in lower bowls. Have special offers for business people as well as others, allow fans to go down and stand at start of the game and then after 1st quarter when seats are empty let them permanently stay. Also have a special section for standing fans close to the court that is cheaper than seats. Just spitballing. It’s fine to do everything for money and star power but in the end it’s about the fans.

11. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

So what’s the profit on that? It’s easy to say that when you don’t have money invested in it. You don’t think he has people crunching numbers all day about that stuff? If it was that easy to be a fan friendly owner that doesn’t look money hungry who also puts out a great product, every owner would be that way but things aren’t so black and white.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, it's risky for chemistry and defense. PJ is indeed the heart and soul of the Rockets despite his age.

Don't forget cyberx is a Los Angeles Lakers fan, he won't be happy to see Jimmy Butler on the Houston Rockets.

Butler is still on the Lakers radar too. They have the cap space to sign him to 23 M plus. Morey will have to sell the farm even to get a chance at him.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

chasing names at all costs is going to turn us into the knicks

14. Raven

Raven Member

Another off season where the focus is on acquiring one specific player. No plan B.

15. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

NOpe it’s morey he will go after any big star name, doesn’t matter what position they play.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

“Only 2” doesn’t really work cap wise if you’re doing a SnT.

If either Gordon or Capela are retained, that instantly puts the Rockets ABOVE the apron even if every other player is signed to a minimum deal.

So it’s either that all 3 are going out, or both Capela and Gordon.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm sure Tilman is pushing him but let's not pretend that Morey hasn't always been about acquiring stars at all costs.

The majority of his moves are made to help acquire a star or keep flexibility to later acquire one. A few examples:

-Holding out on contracts like Capela and DMo kept flexibility for this very situation
    -Letting Parsons walk
    -Giving up a pick with Lin (to clear space for Bosh)

I can't say I blame him. If I'm being honest, I'm not sure this same squad with CP3 another year older + re-signed Rivers and House gets it done.

JW86 likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tillman is not pressuring Morey. I am pressuring Morey into doing something.