1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s get petty....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Mar 7, 2018.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

I wanted to create this thread cause I'm having a hard time recalling who it was exactly that was most vocal in their assumption that the Harden-Paul combo wouldn't work (whatever their reason may have been). Maybe the reason I'm having trouble is that I don't see or hear a lot of these pundits coming out and admitting that they were wrong (hmmmmm funny how that works).

And that's what bothers me most about talking heads! Like, if you can admit you're wrong at half the volume you did at declaring disaster then you earn a ton of respect from me personally. I wanna say Justin Termmine on NBA radio is one that comes to mind as far as showing a little humility.

Post a tweet, video, image, or whatever proof that you have. This shouldn't be too hard but I'm not the greatest at searching these things. I'm debating creating an alt twitter account and trolling hard lol.

Lastly, the older I get the more I lean toward the ”who cares what they say” crowd, but the fact is that these media types create narratives and false perceptions that the general public run with without doing their due diligence (ex. Baron Davis not knowing the Rockets actually play at a slow pace recently, or Nate ’mute his mic’ Robinson stating that the Rockets are prone to let teams back in games).

Come on and let's get petty....

s3ts, Jake Tower, Fyreball and 6 others like this.
  2. NateNate

NateNate Member

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Idiot

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Screamin A SMith

BigShasta, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I remember a lot of super duper analysts saying they wouldn't work or at least that they were going to have problems playing together, while they were also saying OKC was going to be the only threat to Golden State.

I also remember when ESPN and cbs said the Rockets were going to fight for the 8th seed last season while they saw OKC end up as the third/fourth best team in the West.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

“Chris surveys. And that’s what made him one of the greatest point guards. But he surveys. That doesn’t fit their pace, at least not yet.”

Broussard was right. Our pace has changed. Now Harden surveys, too. And we're killing everyone.

9. hakeemthagreat

You ppl REALLY hate Broussard. He was wrong, and atleast he admits it now. Guys like Max Kellerman, Colin Coward & Skip Bayless were all wrong and haven't even acknowledged how wrong they were. Yet Broussard gets the brunt of the hate now lol. Not right

10. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

Stephen A. Smith says CP is the biggest loser during the summer

11. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Chill , wait till we prove it in playoffs.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ladies and gentlemen....I give you Jason McIntyre.

Handles, yixiixiy, Salvy and 13 others like this.
  13. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

Michelle Beadle...one of the biggest Rockets/Harden haters on TV

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is so much content out there bashing the rockets.. where do we start?

15. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

but what did Max Kellerman say?

AroundTheWorld and dkim1984 like this.
  17. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

i laughed at the screen at multiple points while watching this idiocy

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. NateNate

NateNate Member

Meant to comment on that. The regular season has already been a success and the postseason will too as long as we make the WCF in my opinion. Obviously, the Championship is the goal but given that the league is up against a HISTORICALY GREAT team in the Warriors, I have no shame in losing to them.

mathor likes this.
  19. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

CP3 may not get max if he stays with the Rockets though. But no not a mistake.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I never said anything on this board, but I was skeptical that Harden would differ to Paul when necessary. I also didn't think Paul would change the culture of our team. I was wrong.