1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leslie Alexander Game Plan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Champ06, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Run Rockets Run.... This is what Alexander wants and the result is telling 21-14. Alexander I salute You! ;) I think some posters call him an idiot if I remember correctly. It is time to come clean......

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Les has to be a happy man now. He's got the running team he's wanted -- more entertaining and hopefully sells more tickets -- he's got Jeremy Lin, the Asian Justin Bieber of basketball, his superstar Harden... AND the Rockets are winning.

Good job, Morey.

3. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

So who is the Justin Bieber of basketball, and the black Justin Bieber of basketball?

I guess it would be Rubio and Kobe?

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Fans severely overestimate Les' input on the team. True, he obviously have veto power on everything Morey does, but he's very hands off. While he has stated numerous times on preferring to watch fast basketball, he prefers winning more. When Adelman took over and kept the same JVG style, Les was still happy as the Rockets were winning. When they became .500 playing Adelman ball, he was still let go. When the Rockets traded for Gasol and (allegedly) had signed Nene, they would've played a defensive first style. All these things were with Les' blessing.

Even earlier this year, the Rockets did not play so fast. It was only a few games in, around the time McHale went out, that the Rockets began to play at a ridiculous pace. It was more the product of the coaches experimenting with things and settling on the best course of style for the team. Then ran with it. :)

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

It is awesome to watch on TV as well! oh wait...

6. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Rubio is a Spaniard he would be the Latin Beiber.

7. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Well, Spaniards and Berber tribes have fought each other in the past, haven't they?

8. AFS

AFS Member

I've gotta say, this is the most fun I've had as a Rockets fan since our last playoffs appearance. Our current squad is just fun to watch. I don't care if they win or lose, they're young and all the players have chips on their shoulder. It feels pretty good to be a Rockets fan right now.

9. Viola

Viola Member

Asian Justin Bieber ???

Ugh…

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Given the talent on this team, and the youth that gameplan gives them the best ability to collect wins during the regular season. Im sure that Les, McHale, and Morey would rather play big with bigs like Hakeem, and Sampson, but they dont have the personnel to win games with that style of play.

Les, made comments about being excited to play this style of play because its easy on the eyes, but dont think for a minute that they wouldn't trade it in a heartbeat for a dominant big man style of game.... if they had that dominant big man.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm sure Les is happy to have an uptempo team that is overachieving expectations. But, I'm not going to call him a genius or anything. It's not like we're going to win a championship like this.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How Ironic is it that Les loves a running team yet wears no socks with his shoes......