1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les' Blindness and the Tmac Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sabesque, Feb 18, 2009.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

I would like to discuss how bad it looks on our owner's part coming out and making the comments that he did the night before Steven A Smith told the team that tmac was going to be out for the season. It shows:

1) He is not connected to the team and the players and reality
    2) He was against offering up McGrady even though mac is declining.

I wonder what deals might have passed because Les thought Mac is a superstar and a competitor.

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

How about Chauncey Billups and Tashaun Prince? :mad:

3. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Wasn't Les trying to impress some Chinese investors last night? I thought I heard Worrell say something about that during the telecast. He was probably just trying to ensure that everything was running smoothly with the team for business sake and it backfired in his face. What a train wreck.

4. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

The situation is this, McGrady will never wear a Rockets uniform again. By the time he's done rehab his contract will be up.

I really wanted to see him take this team to the second round and shut up all the haters. Never going to happen now. :(

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

damn,damn,damn :mad: :mad:

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thats the reason HE decided to shut it down now. He wants to take the chance at coming back AFTER his contract here is up and sucker another team into signing him for big bucks.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Sadly, he is going to be back next season. It took Jason Kidd only 5 months to recover from this injury. I expect McGrady will take 8 months which is the beginning of next season.

8. ibm

ibm Member

les did not build a championship team. he just inherited it. if he thinks he really knows bball and wants to set a foot in the water, he should have been at least like cuban, who sits courtside every game.

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Les is not only blind....he is delusional. It almost seem like he's still living in the past when Tmac is still with the Orlando Magic. Why do you still call Tmac a superstar these days?? Who in the world would call Tmac a "competitor" EVEN when he's healthy??

As much as i thought Morey is a moron for coming out on Chronicle declaring Tmac fit for the team and not looking to trade him at a time when Lakers' GM said he's willing to listen in to Kobe's trade, i now understand all of these decision is probably due to the delusional owner decision rather than Morey.

Tmac is not only on the decline, he's so injure prone that it's time to STOP WASTING TIME and wake the f*** up....get some freaking clues...look around, breath some fresh air because the next time you wake up, Yao will be 39 years old and you're left wondering what the f*** was i thinking.

10. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

What makes you think that Tmac is willing to put in the rehab to come back from the surgery?

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

holy **** yall are morons... what was les supposed say? "tmac is a lazy has been and we're trying to unload him like yesterday"?

ZERO STARS

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

for the first time...i actually see why the mavericks are happy to have mark cuban...this guy supports his team...knows whats going on...

nonetheless...les has given us 2 championships...and he's got the money...so...

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

His contract year and he must have learned from his last minor injury that he may have not rehabbed correctly and this is what he gets. You learn from your mistakes.

14. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

How about not saying anything at all? Les looks really bad now. What he said yesterday also made trading tmac more difficult.

15. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

My heart really hurts when I remember this :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

16. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Two players that could fit this team perfectly.... :(

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

He's a business man and they BS all the time. You are the one who looks bad if you think he meant everything he said. Coming out and saying you are desperate to move a guy is bad business. How are you supposed to get all you can for a guy if you go on TV and just look desperate as hell to get rid of him?

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

You want to talk bidniz, who's going to want to deal with Les in the future when he's saying it's all rosy with a player who doesn't want to play, isn't committed and is hurt? Hawking bad goods by saying they are good is not a good way to go about things.

As another poster said... better to say nothing.

But to your point, having seen Les in action a little bit, I truly think he believes what he said.