1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander the Animal Activist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, May 19, 2000.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, SNAP is responsible for spaying and neutering thousands of animals every year in impoverished communities. This is not only good for the animals because it keeps the populations smaller and keeps them from suffering, but it is good for the community.

The charitable work of the Rockets and the Alexanders goes unnoticed, but it is significant. Obviously, everyone has their disagreements on animal rights activism with regard to fur, vegetarianism and the like. Everyone knows my position on that, I think.

But, the SNAP program is not only wonderful for the community, it is great for people who need to spay or neuter their animals to prevent overpopulation but who can't afford it. I've taken my cats to SNAP and had inexpensive shots, vaccinations and spay and neutering done and they are great.

In fact, the SNAP program has become a model for other cities who have done the same thing.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

2. dc sports

dc sports Member

When I was poking around on the internet, I found out something about Les Alexander that I didn't know. I did not realize that he was such an animal activist.

Don't let Clutch (The Mascot) hear about this! [​IMG]

[Speaking of Mr. and Mrs. Alexander] -- "...the couple founded the nation's first animal spraying and neutering unites, SNAP which addresses the dog and cat overpopulation crisis in the Houston area by providing free services in targeted low-income neighborhoods...the couple was named Cleveland Armory Humanitarians of the Year by the Fund for Animals...they followed the award with a quarter-of-a-million dollar donation to the Fund...in 1995."

Here's where I found this: http://www.arenafootball.com/houston/team_info.cfm

------------------
    Stay Cool...