1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Led Zeppelin to reunite?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by plcmts17, Jun 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

saw Page and Plant with BigM at the Woodlands years back. Freaking great show!

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Bring it.

IMO a reunion isn't really a reunion unless all original members participate, but having Bonham's son (who is actually an excellent drummer) would only be right.

Some people don't like all these reunions, but I love them. I don't care how old they are either. Just goes to show you how much today's music blows. Either that, or I'm just turning into an old FART. :D

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i guess this is pretty big news... but I'm still underwhelmed. even having seen P&P in '95 and '98, nothing will be the same, even with JPJ and young Bonham...

but if they toured, I'd be the first in line...

5. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I would go. Ive never been to a reunion concert anyways.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I saw them with young J. Bonham at the Atlantic Records 40th anniversary show at the Garden. They were amazing.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this reunion story pops up about once or twice a year, so i'll believe it when i see it.

but i'd spend a couple hundo easy to catch a show.... curious to see how plant and page both sound, though. neither of them have the chops they had way back when.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

Both. I too think today's music blows.. but something about.. old and decrepit geezers barely moving about on a stage .. just doesn't scream.. "Rock".. to me..

But I'm young.. so.. :p

Would that make the Rolling Stones.. demi-gods?

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Having Jason Bonham play in Led Zeppelin is like having Pete Rose's son play for the Reds. Weren't they supposed to reform in the 80's with Omar Hakim (was he in Power Station?)?

10. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Wowwww. I don't care how much it would cost and far I'd have to go, I would without a doubt go see a concert if they went on tour. For the longest time, I wished I could have seen them in concert. This would be amazing. Plant's voice isn't nearly the same, but it'd still be great.

11. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

That was Tony Thompson of Chic and later of the Power Station. He got injured in 1986 and the reunion tour ended at that.

I thought that the term Rock Gods was coined about them?

12. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Please, oh please, oh PLEASE.

I'd pay any price I could afford, easily.

I'd give anything to see them back in the day, but I'll sure as HELL take whatever I can get.

I went to the Sabbath reunion tour (the actual reunion tour....not like at OzzFest of whatever). That KILLED.

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

I thought it was coined about Jim Morrison..

I suppose the plural form..

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

It's a combination of both, but much more due to the first reason than the second.

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Zep are (were) amazing, but this doesn't excite me.

The difference between the Police reunion and a Zep reunion is that Sting's voice still sounds the same, whereas Plant can't hit most of those notes he was so famous for...

Page can still tear it up, though.

16. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I thought Plant's voice was almost completely gone and the last time he and Page got together he "lounged" it. That would seem harder and dumber to do for a real reunion tour.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I must be the only one who doesn't think old geezers doing rock is all that great.

18. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I'd rather go see a good Zep cover band.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yeah plant's voice just isn't close to the same. i wouldn't spend big money to see them, only because i went before, but i'd get some cheap seats.