1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron Wants To Become First Athlete Billionaire in the World

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Omer, Aug 23, 2006.

1. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

LeBron was high.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

No man should have that much money.

3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

What a great goal to have in life LeBron... :rolleyes:

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Yao said that once he starts to think about money then it's his time to step out from the basketball court..

How bad for James is this is truly the case

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He can bench more than most of us.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Lebron will never be as big as MJ... he lacks the style/finesse element to his game... these days a lot of players score 50 so it's not that great of a feat... also once you’ve seen this guy play you’ve basically seen it all…his dunks are always the same …

Dwayne Wade on the other hand is more marketable, his game has flash/finesse and power. In the World Championships USA vs Senegal the crowd was chanting his name to get him off the bench since he didn’t play a single minute in the game… that’s star power.

7. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Whats wrong with that, hell thats my goal too. I guess you go to work for the good of your company

8. Omer

Omer Member

My goal isn't billions, I'll be fine with the millions.

9. LookatDain

LookatDain Member

Tell that to Bill Gates, rich mofo.

10. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

He's also the largest philanthropist in the history of the world.

Why is it okay for you and me to try to make money, but when someone with the means to make LOT of money comes into the limelight we speak ill of them?

I said "we", but I meant "you guys".

Everbody wants a lot of money. Just because Lebron or Bill Gates are capable of making more money than you is no excuse to pretend that you are living at a lower level (pecuniarily) out of morality.

I suggest you go to school or get a job. Or just shut up.

11. LookatDain

LookatDain Member

Did I imply it's wrong to make that much money? Maybe you want to get off your high horse and not view my comment as some derrogatory attack my good sir. A simple statement I was referring to that the poster of how he is simply rich.

12. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

This is no deal. A lot of you guys are just haters, because Yao wouldn't be doing so many damn commercials and sponsoring GPS satellites if we didn't want some money too. Please, who cares if LeBron wants to make a lot of money, you can't judge him for embracing capitalism.

13. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Right-O. Though I am surprised at someone so clearly hailing from 19th century British nobility making such garish spelling errors "my good sir."

Perhaps you should become familiar with today's world in which calling Bill Gates a "rich mofo" is an insult not just to him but to America itself.

14. LookatDain

LookatDain Member

Clearly, text does clarify the same as a vocal statement. I meant it as a playful remark, he is f**king rich. I harbor no ill-will towards whatever character he is or a person. You simply flamed me for such an insignificant remark that you interpreted in a hostile manner. Such as the cause for Lebron. He wants to be richest athlete of our time, let him be. But if you want to make some kind of self-gratifying flame try to direct it towards a more viable target.

15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Ouch... :rolleyes:

16. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Bah! If Lebron really wants to be a billionaire, he's going to have to do more than learn Mandarin. He's going to have to sign with the Rockets so he can get more airtime in China, playing alongside Yao. :p

I read somewhere that TMac's popularity in China surged after he joined Yao Ming in Houston.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ugh...sorry dude, but you're completely wrong in this sense. Finesse and flash on the court has nothing to do with how you can market yourself.

Lebron has one thing 95% of NBA players don't have...true Star Power. Wade is a star and people want to see him play, but its Lebron's face that is on billboards in Asia, its Lebron who has a complete Nike collection to go along with his Sprite campaign. Everybody knows who Lebron James is, even they don't watch basketball. It's why Nike gave him $100M before he even stepped on a NBA court.

You're right that Lebron probably won't be as big as MJ, but besides Tiger, I don't think any athlete ever will. But the reason won't be because his dunks are all the same.

18. Omer

Omer Member

Obviously, why else would they like T-Mac so much? It's cause the Rockets and Yao. And his tour last year and this year in China/Asia.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

All I can say is, learning Mandarin Chinese, wow.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I just started taking Manarin in high school this year and its not as hard as you'd think

20. Omer

Omer Member

Actually, I just started taking Manarin in high school this year and its not as hard as you'd think[/QUOTE]

Well I mean for Lebron to do that so he can get more money is what I wow'ed about :D