1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron *unsurprisingly* criticizes team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 24, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They win one game against the rockets and the media acts like Lebron saved the season. There is a pattern with this clown and how he operates from team to team, its about time someone called him out.

Most of all, its clear that the western conference is too much for the "king"!

LeBron James questions Lakers' 'sense of urgency' after team collects 30th loss of the season
    [​IMG]
    NEW ORLEANS, LA – FEBRUARY 23: LeBron James expressed considerable frustration after the Lakers fell to the New Orleans Pelicans Saturday night. (Photo by Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images)
    Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James expressed frustration following his team’s 128-115 loss against the Anthony Davis-less New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday, citing a number of growing pains affecting the team’s playoffs hopes.

Christian Rivas of Silver Screen and Roll captured James’ postgame remarks in the locker room, and the Akron native was brutally honest when discussing the Lakers’ recent defeat.

“Everyone’s so accustomed to the losses that I’m just not accustomed to,” he said. “I’m not accustomed to it, I’d never get comfortable with losing. Losing game one to Houston, it feels the same way as losing game 59 in New Orleans, for me. That’s just how I’m built. That’s who I am.”

James also spoke about the development of the game, and implied that his colleagues don’t arrive on game days with the mental and physical preparation necessary for a win.

“It’s how you approach the game every day,” James said. “It’s how you think the game every day, it’s how you play the game, it’s how you prepare for the game, and that’s not even like, when you get to the arena. That’s like way before that.

“Basketball: If that’s not the most important thing, then why we doing this?”

Saturday’s loss also marks the first time a LeBron James-led team has fell below .500 at this point in the year since his sophomore season in 2004-2005, and the three-time champion attributed the squad’s mediocrity as a catalyst for its misfortune. He continued his remarks by saying the Lakers must develop an attitude of being uncomfortable.

“So you got to be comfortable with being uncomfortable,” he said. “So I’m not saying that’s what we are as a whole. It kind of looks that way at times, that sometimes we’re afraid to be uncomfortable and kind of get out of our comfort zone and kind of, you know, have that sense of urgency from the jump, and not be afraid to actually go out and fail to succeed. So I mean, we have, what — 23 games left? We’ll see what happens.”

Saturday’s loss to the Pelicans puts the Lakers at 3.5 games from the eighth seed in the Western Conference, which Rivas noted is the furthest the team has been out of playoff contention since November. James & company tip off against the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday, who are coming off a 112-107 loss against LeBron James’ former team the Cleveland Cavaliers.

2. Remix

Remix Member

Claims he still wants to win and chase championships...goes to a lottery team with a bunch of players with no experience lol. Newsflash you aren't in the east anymore. Also good job picking a team solely based on its geographic location. Have fun losing in your twilight years LeBron

3. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

At this rate the Lakers need Scott Foster reffing all of their games to make the postseason.

I'm still certain the league rigs them in tho.

dlite316, Bengchu, IvanLCPM and 22 others like this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Have no idea why he didn't join the Sixers. Yeah not the best fit in terms of playstyle with the guys around him, but a considerably better team.

I think it was also possible to go to Boston if he wanted to.

ak99999 and clutchdabear like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

If he was trying to light a fire under his teammates...this was not the way to do it.

Say it's the fact that Lonzo is out. Say it's the fact that there was a long break and teammates are getting back into the groove of playing basketball. Say it's how I (Lebron) have to rally everyone for this late push.

Don't, under any circumstances, throw anyone under the bus. Like, wtf was LeBron thinking?

6. Nook

Nook Member

I think he is right. The majority of his teammates are not used to playing at a high level and winning. They don’t know how and may not even prioritize winning enough.

The problem I have with it... is that James made the decision to join this exact Lakers team only a handful of months ago. He knew who the coach was, who the GM was and who was on the roster.

He could be in Houston or Philadelphia or Boston or Toronto and on his way to winning a title. He didn’t do that, he chose to go to the team with a bunch of players comfortable losing.

It is like a woman marrying a poor man and then 6 months later b****ing about being poor. What the hell did he expect to happen in LA?

Tic Toc.... LeBron will be 35 next season and no franchise changing player available most likely for him to add. Durant, Irving, Leonard and Butler are expected to not go to LA. That leaves the Kemba Walker’s and Marc Gasol’s of the world.

dlite316, IndoRockets, Nelly and 23 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

He could have gone to the Rockets and likely won at least one, if not two titles. He would have fit the Rockets perfectly... but he went to LA and that is his problem for better or worse.

No Worries, dlite316, Nelly and 13 others like this.
  8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He's been a drama queen and every team he has been on has been a three ring circus his entire career I know there isn't anyone surprised by this is there.

9. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

"The Three-Ringed Circus": A LeBron James 30 for 30

10. hakeemthagreat

Lmaoooooo. I've spent YEARS on here telling ppl about Lebron James. Y'all called me every name in the book. Bottom line, he's NOT a good leader. The reason he's getting exposed is because he's no longer in the east where he can hide behind a weak playing schedule. He's already got his scapegoat Luke Walton when they don't make the playoffs

astros123 and Swish4fives like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He is right but also too many drive and dish players and not enough 3 point shooters. Lebron excels when the lane is clear and he has shooters.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He wanted to make movies. He wants to make money to buy a team. The lakers weren't a good fit for. You have a team with no 3 point shooters, and bad defenders. To play lebron ball you need spacing, and make up for his lack of defense.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Don't know what Magic was doing when he signed all those non-shooters to play with LeBron. "Off-ball-cuts" and "slashers" and "motion offense" all sound great until you got the entire defense either in the paint or playing the passing lanes thanks to a lack of shooting. The Lakers actually tried out playing LeBron off ball and installing a motion offense, next thing you know they were 5 games back of the 8 seed by mid November.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Ask LeBron, he wanted those guys signed.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

This.

Dude...you went to a lakers team that hasn't made the playoffs in years...did you think the West was that easy because you did it in the East??
    The fk you talking about being not accustomed to losing...then you should have picked a team that you had the most chance of winning, not try to carry another scrub team into the playoffs. It's not the eastern conference anymore (hell..even the east now is not the same with bucks/raptors/philly all improving).

He chose glamor. He chose the LA spotlight. He wants to be the ESPN media darling. Then stop complaining about not winning. You clearly told the world, it's not about winning when you ignored Houston/Philly/Boston and other teams. And like @Nook said, the future is not looking bright for the lakers if they miss out on the next set of free agents. They already missed out on PG who seems to be playing well now that Melo is not out there ruining chemistry.

Meanwhile the rockets just beat the warriors 3x this season...

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

His whiny tears are especially delicious this year.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The only thing that pisses me off about all this is that NBA programs are fixated on Lebron and the Lakers like they're a) some kind of juggernaut or b) were expected to win it all. Why in the hell do I care about what Lebron thinks about his rag-tag collection of lottery rewards and elderly rejects? Talk about the damn Bucks, Raptors, Rockets, Blazers, Spurs, Thunder, Pacers (how is this team still playing well?), etc. Hell, talk about the damn Jazz... I don't care about the tampering twits known as the Lakers. Now tomorrow I'll be listening to "all Lakers all the time" on the radio.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Because this..

Published on Sep 21, 2018
    Stephen A. Smith and Jalen Rose debate ESPN’s NBArank when Stephen A. transitions the discussion, saying the the Los Angeles Lakers will be in the Western Conference finals this year. Stephen A’s caveat however is that the Lakers cannot beat the Golden State Warriors in the playoffs.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think anyone wants to join LeBron as much as the media makes it out to be. Unless a player has ties with Rich Paul and Klutch Sports (AD, Draymond, Wall, etc) there's no gain in joining LeBron in LA only to become a marginalized pawn in his game.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lebron made his bed.

He wanted LA.

Or was it his family that wanted LA?

He should be going after his family, not the Lakers scrubs everyone knew he was going to be stuck with.

Special thanks to the Pelicans lulz... Good job guys!

Party at mah house the day Lakers are officially confirmed not to make the playoffs.

Cheese doodles for everyone!