1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron "understands" why fans are angry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MD_in_Training, Oct 24, 2010.

1. MD_in_Training

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5712833

Ok Lebron. That explains the hate from Cleveland. How about the other 90% of the population that realizes that you're a complete moron?

2. Steve_Francis_rules

Couldn't this have gone in one of the other two Lebron threads that are still on the first page of the Dish?

3. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

The King is the best.

Stop hating.

4. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

No, go away.

5. ashiin

ashiin Member

He's one of the best players, but it doesn't mean he's not a freaking idiot

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I thought he said it was because of race?

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

“The way (James) managed what he just did speaks volumes about who he is and whether he is a team guy — not because he left Cleveland, but the way he did it,” Saban said. “ … That’s not the kind of trust and respect you’d like to have in a team organization.”--Nick Saban

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He said race plays a part, which is indisputable.

1 person likes this.
  9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Because he is the best player in the league.

10. DaJet

DaJet Member

That's BS because alot of black people hated on him too when he announced he was going to the Heat.

Barkley, Magic, and MJ are the more famous ones to do so.

11. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I don't believe ESPN. I don't know why race would play a part. He did a dumb move and he got backlash. Using race sounds like such a cop-out. I mean if Yao did the same thing I would furious.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He might be a moron, but the comment you highlighted doesn't illustrate him being a moron? Its unapologetic, but not moronic.

13. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Indisputable? I think not. See, watch...

I dispute that race was a part. Rather, I state that LeBron is being hated because he acted like a complete douche, regardless of his skin color.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

*fixed......

Dude is a moron, obviously he didn't foresee the hate coming his way after holding a pathetic show "the decision" or whatever it was called....

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So, any time someone black gets a major amount of public grief over their own actions, all they have to do is say "race plays a part of it". Stating this indisputable truth is a great distraction/deflection and places doubt on anyone that gets on their case.

That's a winning strategy for LeBron Inc.

1 person likes this.
  16. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Seriously?

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

What? Millions of people loved him because he was a great player. While black.
    Now millions of people hate him because he's a douche. While black.

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

He didn't "use" race. He didn't say he people that hate him are racist. He said race plays a part. How anyone can be ignorant of the difference in the way LeBron is viewed, post-"decision," in the minority and white communities is beyond me. It only take the barest of observation. For example:

And no one is a bigger witness to this huge chasm in opinion than LeBron. You think he doesn't notice the amount of love he is currently from his own people as opposed to the inverse amount of vitriol coming from whites? Whatever reason you this there is for this difference, be it black protectionism or racism or whatever (and I'm not saying either side is right or commiting to either viewpoint), you cannot deny that race plays a part, and I honestly don't see how anyone can expect LeBron to feel the brunt of the difference day in and day out and not admit as much.

Folks that don't realize this strike me as the same types that were surprised by the difference in reactions to the OJ verdict. This really is a conversation we need to stop dismisssing with over the top reactions in this country.

19. Apps

Apps Member

Sure race "plays a part." The question is how big of a part it actually plays, and I'm going to have to say a very, very small one. White people may view him less favorably because in his last days with Cleveland, he basically created a whole media brouhaha that almost seemed transparently as a means to boost his profile. He donated a lot of money to charity because of it, but it was still a garish display of self-absorption. Just because whites view him less favorably, does not mean that it is born out of some racial reservations.

Those 35% of blacks that view him unfavorably, and the 68% of whites that are viewing him unfavorably, are probably doing so because of his betrayal of Cleveland and his less-than-graceful way of doing so. The ones that view him favorably are either doing so because he played the business well, or because he's just a good player. The percentage different in race does not, in my belief, dictate that there is an inherent difference of opinion that is born out of race wholly, but there are also many different factors (whether they be cultural, socioeconomical, etc.) here that need to be taken into account. And lord knows we can't do that, because that will be walking a very fine line that no one wants to venture out on.

20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm sure he does. :rolleyes: