1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron tries to copy Big Z with letter to Akron, but not Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Oski2005, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

When Big Z decided to leave Cleveland, he took out an ad in the Cleveland paper to thank the city and team for the time he spent there. Seeing the goodwill it engendered caused LeBron and his r****ded high school friends/business partners/etc to try the same thing and of course nobody fell for it:

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

throughout his stay in cleveland, he mostly repped akron before cleveland. and he grew up there.

and yet we are criticizing this too. lol

3. Steve_Francis_rules

We get it. Lebron is the devil. Everything he does is bad. Just last night he went and set fire to an orphanage in Cleveland. And so on...

4. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Damn, some nerve this guy has to go BACK to Akron (sorry I have to give him some props) and hold this bike a thon.. brave, but he better wear a flame suit, or they're gonna find his burned ass in the Ohio river.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

People in Cleveland might hate him...

But Akron is a small town where he has close-friends and all... They might not like his decision but unlike the thugs and r****ds in Cleveland... they will respect it.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

At this point is writing a letter to Cleveland going to make those fans feel any better?

I doubt it.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

True, but overtly snubbing Cleveland in a letter like this only makes things worse. I can't believe he was petty enough to do this. Again, I hope Cleveland gives him pure hell when he returns to that arena.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

I agree with that you on that. He needs a better PR team.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Did LeBron mention the Cleveland fans in his one hour decision thing? I can't remember.

If he did then he doesn't really need to write them a letter.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...no joke. It's a shame Big Z has smarter guys working on his PR squad than King James...of course the joke there is Big Z's note was surely being genuine and Lebron's note was just a petty response to save face in light of Big Z's humility. He had his time to make amends and he made it clear he didn't want to have anything to do with Cleveland or Akron.

It's just a shame it took a foreigner to show Lebron what it means to thank those who made him feel that Cleveland was his home for so many years.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Not really. He just said the Cleveland fans watched him turn from an 18yr old boy to a 25 yr old man and now he has to move on and that his heart will always be "around Cleveland"...which is to say not "in Cleveland".

12. sew

sew Member

hhaha.

I cannot wait till Dec. 2

13. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Good for you LeBron...good for you :)

14. spysta

spysta Member

I must say, I saw it coming, Lebron always reps AKRON and he isnt from cleveland and i guess he doesnt care about cleveland, he lives in Akron so it only make sense that he will try to save face there. Isnt he there now? I keep reading stories about him working out at his high school.

15. H-Town Rockets Guy

He followed his teammate Big Z and put this AD in the newspaper to thank his hometown fans. I think it just made more people angry in Cleveland because he chose to ignore all the Cleveland fans outside of Akron. Nice Job Lebron. I can't wait to see how the fans will greet you when you visit cleveland during the season.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

He should have "repped" Akron in a way that wasn't blatantly copying a classy and smart move by Big Z. It would have seemed more genuine.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

So he takes out a full page ad in a Cleveland newspaper and conveniently forgets to thank the city that literally treated him like royalty? Classy.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lebron's mom needs to sleep with an etiquette coach in order to teach that punk a lesson!

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL they treated him like God when he was there then called him all sorts of names and burned his jersey when he left. LBJ fired the first shot but the city retaliated just as brutally, so its not like the city was the only one who got hurt. IMHO LBJ didn't mean to rake the city through the coals like that, he was too self-centered just didn't think the people would be hurt with his "decision" special. IMHO there was no intention to diss the city in general, and he probably resented it big time when the city turned on him.

Cleveland may indeed give him pure hell however I find it ironic that even when he left LBJ is still the one who defines that city.