1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron to LA for 2018?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Spacemoth, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

One of my thoughts on LeBron to Houston is that he isnt going to dominate the ball all game long and Lebron needs his stats so he prefers to be the system. It's his argument to the throne. He will be the Kareem of wing players where totals are his major argument to GOAT. That;s why i see him staying in Cleveland and they have pieces to just go get him another star there anyway. That Celtics pick is huge and poor Isiah is the GOAT journeyman so he'll probably be used as trade bait too. Ultimately Kevin Love can easily be moved as well though they will try and get rid of TT first, but doubtful they can without attaching the #1 pick to him. The rest of the roster will always be replenished with vet former all stars...im sure guys like Dwight and Reddick will end up there on the cheap.

roslolian likes this.
  2. theimpossibles1

It's just the fact that Embiid and Simmons are both REALLY good and REALLY young. #1 pick Fultz hasn't even played essentially. Scary, scary potential. If (and it's a big if) they stay healthy, they could have the best team over the next 10-15 years.

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

doesn't matter, i don't see Lebron joining a young team that has potential the next ( 5 years). he's in a win now mode and might be better off staying at Cleveland.

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Lebron is in win now mode and won't join the sixers becuase they have potential the 10-15 years, he'll be retired by then. if he leaves the Cavs he's joining a team that is already contending and a top 3 seeds. I don't see how he joins the lakers nor the sixers in that regard, and i think Embid won't stay healthy.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

First of all Embiid has a career length of around 5 years, he may be really good but he wont be playing for 15 years given his knee issues. Any game he plays in he could bump his knee and retire. Simmons is good but he plays the same position as Lebron. Fultz has played worse than Tatum who has proven himself the best player in his class.

Most of all Philly front office has proven themselves dumb since they got rid of the process dude. They wasted all the gains done by their previous GM like trading Noel for scraps and trading an additional pick for the Celtics when they were gonna take Tatum anyway and leave Fultz alone, and even then they got the worse player.

So why will Lebron go there? Cavs is his team, he has Love who is a decent sidekick, Isiah if he is healthy or capspace to sign another star if he is not and the Cavs have a potential top pick in their hands which they can flip for another star. What if they trade the pick for an up and coming pg and sign PG or Melo in the offseason? They will be right up there again.

Dream scenario for them is they can even recruit Cp3 in the offseason or do a sign and trade between Cp3 and Thomas. That would suck for us but that is entirely possible since they are BFFs.

Finally, like what Caesar is pointing out Lebron at this point is chasing Jordan. Sure he wont convince the oldies but the new gen don't give a F about Jordan the same way the 1980s fans didn't give a F about Bill Russell. In the same way that 1980s fans rationalized how Jordan is goat despite having less rings than Russell, I'm sure the new gen will rationalize how Lebron can be goat over Jordan esp. since Jordan quit on the sport 2 times. The thing is to do that Lebron has to put up great stats and he can only do that in the Cavs because he is the system in the Cavs. So tldr I dont think he will leave the Cavs, at least I wont if I'm him unless he really hates Cavs ownership or w/e.

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

At this point, I see it as he stays in Cleveland unless Boston knocks them out which I'm hoping or if Cleveland puts up a really good fight against presumably GSW (hopefully us). If it's another embarrassing flame out, Rockets have the best chance. He could maybe join Spurs, if Spurs can make some moves and clear up space. No way he joins Boston and joins Kryie again lol. Unless there's a team that has cap space to get like 2 more superstars with Lebron and I think his choices are narrowed down to staying, houston, or SA

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree with you. LeBron will stay with the Cavs if they do well enough but I still see him bolting to the Lakers next year otherwise. Maybe the Rockets have a slim chance but I just don't think so.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

there's no chance at the lakers. Why would he want his career to die in LA? All they have right now is some young players and they could maybe add another max but that's not enough to beat GSW or us

roslolian likes this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the Lakers can somehow move Luol Deng's contract to another team, they can add 3 max players next summer. Without Deng, their salary commitment for 2018/19 is only $33 million.

I find it funny that people are now dismissing LeBron to the Lakers. LeBron's ability to keep people guessing and throw everyone off the scent is unprecedented. He's done it twice already and will certainly do it again.

Sajan likes this.
  10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Ok, Deng's contract is even more unmovable than Ryno's. He has 2 years and 36 million left (not including this year) and no production. Even if they do move it, is a team of Lebron, PG13 and Cousins good enough? Sounds like a bad fit IMO. We already have 2 playmakers and a system with an identity. He'll be easily integrated into our team. Lakers there isn't anything. Does Lebron have time for them to try to mesh and form chemistry?

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That is something you must ask LeBron. I can't argue with you about what's on his mind because nobody knows.

All I'm saying is people who believe they know what's best for LeBron don't have any more clue than anyone else. That's been proven twice in spades. He left the Heat for an uncertain situation (and novice coach) in Cleveland and hasn't missed a Finals yet.

You get my point?

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Not saying what I know best for Lebron, but you said you think he's going to bolt to LA if not Cleveland and I was just stating why I don't see it. Even his best friend and agent Maverick Carter said he doesn't know why people keep assuming he's going to LA just because he bought another house in LA. Winning is the ultimate reason on where he's gonna go.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't give a care what Maverick Carter says. It could be misdirection.

I'm not ruling out LA unless LeBron says it himself, which he won't.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lakers need to jettison Randle. He's clearly not in their future plans and wants to get paid next summer. Surely they realize nobody will give them much. Addition by subtraction will have to be enough.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

LBJ still wants to win, in my eyes. Unless the Lakers improve their roster enough that he can compete, I don't see it happening. Unless the Lakers can max PG13, max LBJ and add a big, without cutting their rookie/young core, I don't see it happening.

Sure, LBJ wants the bright lights. But, I don't know if he wants to waste any years on "development." The Lakers are poorly coached and have way too many guys that are tweeners.

*I would love to have 2 of their Freebirds on this Rockets team. Guys love LA, but not when you're rotting on the bench with a world of talent.

*apologies for the /rant

s3ts likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-cavs-when-asked-by-dan-gilbert?share=other

Vivi likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#98 zeeshan2, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Deuce, BigMaloe and Vivi like this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lebron, they might have listened to you and forced Kyrie to play if they knew you were staying.

But they know you don’t stay sonqere looking at that long term future.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

C’mon Windhorst, who was expecting Lebron to sign a 5 year deal in Cleveland at any point? Nobody...