1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron ruined the NBA when he joined the Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by donkeypunch, Jul 2, 2018.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Lebron joining the Heat and KD joining the Warriors were not the same scenario. When Lebron tried to form that superteam with Wade and Bosh, Heat was not even a contender and Wade has already passed his prime. KD joined the 73-9 team which just lost in the Finals and won a year earlier with three all-stars entering their prime.

People talking about Boston's big 3 and Houston's big 3 which were well passed their prime when that happened.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Cousins won’t be in the All-star game bro he won’t play until the end of the season.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Not a real good attempt at being knowledgeable. Three old guys and a quitter didnt really make a vilified super team, especially when the other were TRADED to Houston.

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the heat big 3 wasnt the most competitive move but its not his fault the warriors became the biggest p*****s in sports history

5. Lebronto

Lebronto Member

he will be voted in as a starter for the lolz

6. likestohypeguy

Stepping stones. Before LeBron in mia, Boston big 3, gp Malone lakers (failed but same principle), each not TOO much more egregious than its predecessor. Ofc you can point out all the ways each is different & why the one you like the least is the end of the world, but they’re all just different shades of grey. that’s part of the game now.

Even sheed to Detroit I thought seemed like a super team when it happened. Surely we’re not going to get mad at players determining these outcomes vs owners/executives

plutoblue11 likes this.
  7. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

[​IMG]

Again. Super teams are nothing new. This was the SI from March 1997. It was pretty much a doomsday article about one team being way better than the rest.

8. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

I'm not paying for league pass next season. Is there a reliable alternative?

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Just google Reddit NBA Streams They are usually pretty decent.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Whats the diffirence between making your own team and GMs trading for their team? Its the same result! Jordan had Krause, Kobe had Jerry West. Lebron had a joke GM who paid the max to Larry Hughes and Ilgauskus lol. Is Lebron supposed to remain ringless all his entire life just because he got drafted by a team with a sucky GM?

Its like saying if you aren't born rich you should just stay poor all your life wtf.

#30 roslolian, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    fckbandwagons and The Hunted like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Meh. I get what your saying, but five different teams have won the NBA title since Lebron went to Miami eight years ago. That's about right for the NBA.

13. jlwee

jlwee Member

Did lebron took any discount when he joined the heat?? I can't remember.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rivalries are what fed this mentality. The desire to win is what drives these players to form super teams. Lebron went to the Heat because he wanted to beat Boston, KD went to GSW because he couldnt1 beat Gsw etc.

If you want to blame anyone blame all the Jordan and Kobe fanboys who always result to the "ring argument" to judge a player's greatness. Since the number of rings are all that matters ("Something about 5 beats 3"-Jordan) then just form a super team and collect not 1, not 2, not 3 rings.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

He took around 1M discount. Max was around 15 they signed for 14ish.

16. hakeemthagreat

Lebron started this, Durant did it better. If KD's a b**** then Lebron's the original b****. The day he decided to team up with 2 other superstars the league lost its competitiveness

donkeypunch likes this.
  17. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Yes.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBA full of b****es TBH. ;)

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Do teams need dynasty-level talent to win an NBA championship?

“Right now you do. I raise my hand as a part of the problem. When the Miami Heat decided to bring the big three together—myself, LeBron James, Chris Bosh—in 2009, the game changed. Players understand their power. I don’t see that slowing down. I see the next generation—my son’s generation—getting even tighter.”

Do players talk about joining forces to beat the Warriors?

“Nobody’s calling me at 36, like, ‘Yo, we need you to come lay down this dynasty.’ But obviously you want to take down the champs, right? People who watch the sport can’t wait to see what’s going to happen this summer in free agency, because you want to see a team put together that can compete against a team like that. I’m watching. I’m a fan. I want to see a big splash this summer. I would love to see some guys team up. Our game has grown. When people say Golden State is hurting our game, that’s untrue. Our game is so high right now. It’s so great, but we would like to see somebody else get an opportunity.”

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/dwyane-wade-discusses-owning-a-team-in-seattle.html

donkeypunch likes this.
  20. Rocket_Man_2.0

Durant ruined the NBA!!

apollo33 likes this.