1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron ruined the east, now kd ruined the west

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 5, 2017.

1. what

what Member

I sincerely hope we see warriors-cavs 4 more finals in a row. Maybe then adam silver will get serious about change in the nba.

The playoffs are already filled with boring, blowout games due to 3 point shooting. At some point this will catch up will the league.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

For similar reasons I am now hoping that the Warrirors sweep the Cavs with at least 20 point spread each game. I sort of wanted the Cavs to win as the underdog, but don't really care anymore.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The whole damn things just sucks. Aside from the Rockets, the rest of the playoffs have generated no interest for me.

People are trying to advocate appreciating greatness, but this isn't greatness.. its bulls**t. This would have been like dream joining Kemp/Paytion in Seattle in 1993. A great player joining an already great team to avoid any actual competition or pressure to have to play at his best to win.

4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The media puts a ton of pressure on these guys to win nowdays, when they don't win they get called choke artists by people like Colin Cowturd and Skip Baseless. Social media has an equal if not greater impact too and players of yesterday never had to worry about that.

Honestly, I blame Jordan's greatness too in part because now every young star feels like they have to live up to that career in some way or else it will hurt their legacy. In the end, It will always be about how many championships you win and these younger players can't handle that sort of pressure, so it's easier to take the quick path and form a super team just to get the monkey off your back.

Louka, Pen15clubber, Caesar and 2 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can fans of other teams boycott this shiet....

FanSince93 likes this.
  6. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Silver only cares about the bottom line and the ratings are going up, so that's all that matters.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This all the millennials fault!

8. MD_in_Training

Finals ratings are down from last year, and it will likely plummet after GSW blows out the Cavs in game 3.

9. VBG

VBG Member

I honestly think the East teams just suck and it's not really Lebron's fault. Like how is it Lebron's fault that the Raptors and Celtics (who are both worse playoff teams than the Jazz or healthy Clippers) are his biggest challenge? The Grizzlies or Clippers would easily beat all the rubbish East teams.

Durant on the other hand created a team that is beyond anything we've seen before. And it looks like his team will be together for at least another 2 years.

10. MD_in_Training

Lebron ruined the East, but KD ruined the NBA.

Consider that Lebron didn't even win a chip his first year after forming his super team and what the GSW are right now... not the same thing.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron didn't join a 73 win team.

12. FearTheBeardJH

It's mindblowing to me some people only care about championship, there is 30 teams in the NBA. Finals are small very part of the season and 95% of the teams never had a chance to a win title in any year anyway.

They both joined a team that failed to win championship, but gave them the best chance to win it next year. Durants move would've never happened if it wasn't for Lebron 2010 free agency.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The thunder had a legit chance to beat the warriors. The cavs did not have a chance against the Celtics. His second best player was Mo Williams.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Like Stephen A Smith said KD's move has to be the weakest move in pro sports history by a super star.

15. what

what Member

The nba needs to contract about 10 teams badly, but I don't know which 10. And I'd settle for 6.

Magic
    Brooklyn
    Twolves
    Atlanta Hawks
    I would think at least 1 of the west coast teams: Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Utah
    Either Memphis or New Orleans

If we just did this:
    Orlando
    Brooklyn
    Minnesota
    Atlanta
    Phoenix
    New Orleans

We'd be back to 24 teams in the nba.

The thing with Memphis and New Orleans. Memphis doesn't have any other professional team and it also has the MLK day that is one of the bigger NBA calendar dates. Atlanta never supports the Hawks. Brooklyn is a terribly run franchise, and a stupid concept to boot. Between Orlando and Miami, Orlando needs to go.

BiGGieStuFF likes this.
  16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I was hoping Durant would head to the East and play with Miami but that didn't happen. He decided to join a team that came back and beat him in the playoffs last year.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Has the NBA's income and viewership dropped this year? I remember that the formation of the Miami Super Team was actually pretty good for NBA economically.

I don't know if we have gone a bridge too far, though, with the the dominance of the Warriors and Cavs on the way to the Finals. Will it make all the fans who were following the exploits of Westbrook and Harden suddenly feel that the regular season is totally pointless? Will it make the fans of 28 teams feel a sense of futility? Guess we may have to see next year's viewership numbers to know.

18. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

I think the new cap will catch up to some of these teams and other teams will get better also. Unfortunately, it will be the rich getting richer and the not-so-good teams never getting a chance to really develop into better teams. The most ridiculous part of this is how soft these "superstars" are. Everyone wants to "run the court" like they're playing pick-up at LA Fitness. You see it everytime you walk in there and the 5 best guys only want to play with eachother instead of compete. For me personally, it's not fun to have to pick through the scraps that are left to compete w/them and if I'm ON the best team in the gym that is blowing everyone out, it's not fun because the other team gives up or it's just piss poor competition. Obviously, in Houston we've always been underdog fans, but I think we also enjoy competition such as that San Antonio series. We WANT a challenge and we want to win but we'd rather it not be a given otherwise why watch? I'm just ranting, it won't change anything.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  19. likestohypeguy

You can have a superteam, but not too good a superteam, or we'll get really mad.

I'm going to laugh if this is just a setup for the greatest comeback ever, again

BigShasta likes this.
  20. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Even if that happens, it will be solely based on the greatness of Lebron. The NBA still ****ed up by creating a cap scenario in which a player of KD's magnitude could join a team like the Warriors.

Blake and BigShasta like this.