1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's not just Uyghur's who are taken away in the middle of the night and never seen again by their families. Christians are also in this predicament. I first heard about this in the late 90s and its still on going. It was an open secret in the Catholic Church for longer than that.

malakas likes this.
  2. sun12

sun12 Member

Lebron is right. Lots of people do not understand "entangled situation" and Morey is misinformed.

Let me explain:

HK demonstrators have the following characteristics:

1. Ask for more democracy: good
    2. Peaceful demonstration: good
    3. Violence: Bad
    4. HK independence from mainland China: Depending on who you ask, could be good, bad or neutral
    5. Racial discrimination against other people: Bad
    6. Beat up people who do not agree with them: Bad

This is a classic entangled situation. When a group of people show both good and bad behaviors, it is unwise to comment or support in public. Either way, people who comment will regret later.

There are lots of situations in life just like this. It is just very difficult to disentangle things from the same person.

Everybody needs to learn some management lessons, including Morey.

Lovemachine2000 and Easy like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

it's not that complicated. oppression bad, freedom good. you see, it's easy!

4. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Sorry but #3 is not a fact and some may argue that the government is the aggressor and instigating violence please note the anti-tyranny arguments by the founding fathers of the US. As an easy example, the US did not resort to peaceful demonstration to gain its independence from Great Britain (far from it) so what makes you think Hong Kong can do that? As for points #5 and 6 please be cognizant that a few bad apples to do not spoil the bunch, just because there are some white supremacist americans does not mean all americans are white supremacists or that america is bad. Should I not support America because there are a some white supremacists?

If I were you I would be very cautious about overly generalizing, I believe Morey was supporting what he thought was the generally moral high ground vs. what Lebron and others have done which was to take no ground to try and profit as much as possible (first point Lebron makes about negative impact is financial which tells you all you need to know). Between Lebron and Morey I know who I support in that argument ten times out of ten and its not just cause I am a Rockets fan. Lebron says "Moray" (he mispronounced) is not educated enough on the situation but goes on to say he himself is not educated on the situation this is the textbook definition of hypocritical. Also calling him not educated on the issue when I doubt he spoke with Morey is an A-hole comment to make in public.

da_juice likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about? Violence done by the demonstrators against whoever disagree with them is a fact in HK.

I am amazed by how simple minded you guys are. The world is much more complicated than "Freedom is good. Communism is bad." The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend. Those who go against the bad guys are not always good guys.

If a gang war goes on in the streets, which side do you stand with? Or do you just want the war to stop?

Lovemachine2000 and thedopefiend like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

The fact that you would take Morey's apology at face value shows you are as uneducated in this issue as Lebron. You should just stay out of this topic as clearly you don't understand it.

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

8. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Your point indicated that violence was bad and there was no qualification to your statement so I simply indicated that this is not a universal truth/fact. I never said all violence was justified but rather sometimes I think that it is and I gave you a historical example in which many people would agree, however you chose to ignore it and bend what I said to fit your own point of view plain and simple. A gang war is not comparable and its silly to think that it is, certainly the US gaining its own independence is a far closer example than a gang war. If anyone is narrow minded it is you.

The enemy of my enemy may not be necessarily be my friend but certainly my enemy is still my enemy, yes? This question of yours also conveniently left open the possibility that the enemy of your enemy is in fact your friend so really you have not said anything definitive at all, rather you appear to be generalizing again and again. I would ask you a simple question: can you unequivocally say that all of the protesters engage in unjustified violence? Without being able to answer this with a definitive yes I fail to see how you can blatantly call Morey wrong whereas we can definitively say that Lebron has, by his own words, considered the harm that Morey's free speech has done to his paycheck...

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, this example does not work like this any longer.

If United Nations was founded at that time, you could not just win a war against Great Britain and declare independence without everyone agreeing to it.

Plenty nations do not have gun permits like you have and would not say grab your arms and fight for it.

This is a different time, different age. People are still the same who seek violence, yeah, but we deal with things differently these days.

In democracies, you just join a round table and negotiate, that is what you have to do amongst the leaders.

Easy likes this.
  10. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

11. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

very very very naive last statement you made on leaders sit and round table global issues. Maybe for public consumption for non matter issues, but for national interests? Not even close. Just ask the Kurds.

12. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

freedom is good but at what cost? You seek freedom for yourself thru oppression of other is not.

simply shouting slogans like fight for freedom yet you forget the very meaning of freedom.

today’s era people using the name of freedom and carry violences is the same when the Church carry out wars against Islamic in the name of god for the purpose of territorial control during dark ages is the same concept but different names.

those that support for freedom do you even understand what freedom is???

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, minorities arming up and suffering tons of casualties does that get you anywhere?

What is so very very naive about diplomacy? Existed forever and is still the first option for nations to get together.

It is still very natural for people to talk things out.

I sympathize with the Kurds, I am not as familiar with their situation as with the South Chinese agenda.

#633 daywalker02, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  14. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

how so? As much as I can tell from your statements you knew little about south Chinese agenda (if that even make sense) nor the Kurds.
    By the way, why on the Kurds? You can read and think so I assume you can do your own research and come to your own conclusion.

minorities arming up and suffering lots of casualties can be interpret to anything. The Germany can say during war world 2 they were the minorities against the the allies force and suffered a lot of casualties.

it’s the perspective of what you value determines what you think and perceive things.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am of East azn descent so that is probably why I follow those HK news more than the Kurd situation in Syria, Iraq and so on.

I would tell you that I will catch up on it if time allows.

I was only saying that in the era of Social media, we think we are much more involved but we are actually not.
    We are still not where the action is taking place.

Negotiations with experienced mediators is still the way to go. My opinion.

You can disagree, I got no problem with your sentiment and I surely do not wish to educate you or change your mind.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stop talking to these fake accounts

17. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

negotiations is away better than violence but can you talk to these rioters? Those people did but met with violence at the end.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  18. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

fake accounts??? I rather you say contributed members vs members to make more logical sense.

how long has it been since you were here? Maybe at least 10 years where I still remember Pryuen kicked your butts in every argument on basketball.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@J.R.
    Let’s report these trolls like pancaketwo up here to @Clutch
    delete these accounts

#639 tinman, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    J.R. likes this.
  20. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

When Space Jam 2 tanks at the box office (like so many Hollywood remakes/reboots do) will Bron Bron blame Morey?

Nook likes this.