1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James - The Defensive Juggernaut

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeem94, Jan 21, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. rockpileindisma

Please elaborate

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He doesn't care at all.

He's trying to extend his career/season and not fatigue for the playoffs

roslolian, Houstunna and hakeem94 like this.
  4. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I really hope he stays and retires in Cleveland.

Don’t come ruin what we have going on unless he will defer to CP3 and Harden as the leaders and main facilitators.

If he could focus on defense and attacking the rim, I’d consider it, don’t see that happening.

Cashmoney and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

and yet he's 4th in WS, 7th in WS/48, and 2nd in Box +/-, and this is the regular season.

rm365 and D-rock like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Cavs are a mess. He's basically carrying them.

From a defensive perspective I'd have no issues with him at the 4 and say Mbah a Moute at the 3.

However, I definitely worry about how Lebron's offense would fit in with Harden.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Please stop with this nonsense. CP3 + Harden are no where near as accomplished as James. He has taken 8 teams to the finals. cp3 has never been to the CF. Even melo has taken his team to CF. CP3 has lost in 1st round 5 times. LBJ has never lost in the 1st round. You can make the whole east excuse but he took at team without love and Kyrie to the finals. Lets not bring up Hardens playoff failures.

Lets wait until the playoffs start.

8. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

On my team I DONT want him being the facilitator if I have our point guards. If you don’t understand why both CP3 and Harden are light years better at running an offense then James is then I can’t help ya. It’s logic.

I’ve always thought LBJ is great at attacking. His shooting is garbage.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Sure..... the second best player in NBA history is going to ruin what the Rockets are doing. Makes perfect sense. Why would anyone want to replace Anderson with LeBron James.

Also DRTG is an extremely limited statistic.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

that team would go like 25-57 without him

RyanB and Rocket River like this.
  11. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Are you saying that LBJ is better to run an offense like the offense that the Rockets run? Obviously LBJ can’t keep doing what he does when the offense is ran through him. No matter how much talent is around him.

What I am saying and every true rockets fan should be saying is....LBJ coming here would be great if he, like Melo has done with OKC. Lets the masters of running an offense do their thing. Getting a ball from CP3/Harden and attacking is completely different from attacking a kicking like he does now.

LBJ’s freethrow and Jumper is and always has been garbage. Let the best ISO player Handle that and let LBJ come in attacking.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t come here. I’m saying he shouldn’t be a man with the ball in his hands all the time. To me I can think of how that offense would dominate if he allowed CP3 and Harden lead the way.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Lebron can and will FIT anywhere he goes
    He does not have to defer or any of that bullshit
    JUST BE LEBRON
    His game *IS* fitting and being what is needed

CP3 + Harden + LeBron would crush the NBA's whole soul
    Would not really matter who the other 2 players were

Ryan Anderson would turn in to Kyle Kolver
    Luc and Ariza would turn into Iggy and Livingston
    Bobby Fricking Brown would look like Devin Harris *grin*

LeBron comes to Houston EVERYONE GETS AN EXTRA STAR to their Rating

Rocket River

roslolian, hakeem94 and Swiss Roll like this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

LeBron James as a player is the type of guy you move heaven and earth to acquire. He singlehandedly means a team wins 50 games. Saying he will make us worse is just as stupid as the Harden and Paul couldn't play together narrative. Titles are all that matter to LeBron at this point. With players the caliber of Harden and CP3 on offense, he wouldn't need to do everything like he has to now. He's also the type of move that could finally light a fire under this oh so indifferent fan base.

LeBron James the GM concerns me though. He pretty much put his foot down about management needing to keep certain guys, which is why mediocre players like Thompson and JR Smith have big contracts. He is part of the reason his supporting cast is so dog s**t.

RyanB, roslolian and Swiss Roll like this.
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The cavs were already over the cap so if they didn't sign TT,JR they wouldn't have been been able to sign anyone else. However they are still terrible contracts.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

I think you are seeing a little too much red bro haha

seeingredtx likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

LeBron would make everyone better whichever team he goes to. The only players can actually become worse are the players on his team.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Theres a bigger threat he will recruit Paul to Cleveland instead. They have lots of movable assets like Thompson or even Klove along with that top pick so they can easily clear space.

The rox may end up with an Isiah Thomas and Harden backcourt next year (lulz)

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Agree so much. The main issue with Lebron is arrogance, he thinks he is better than GMs and coaches. Maybe part of this is due to the Cavs organization, their coach and GM were so bad Lebron decided he couldn't trust anyone else.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron would never play the 4. He wants a legacy as the best SF of all time, at no 4 he would be butting heads against Duncan.