1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James just became first player in history to score 30pts on 60% shooting for 6 straight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sleepy Flloyd, Feb 12, 2013.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly, lets not be Dana carvey cranky old man.

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Jordan did a bunch of things that LeBron has never done.

3. aaaa

aaaa Member

It definitely feels like LeBron is playing a game within a game, and trying to game it so he continues on this crazy streak. But is this necessarily a bad thing? Certainly creates some interesting dynamics:

Cons
    - LeBron potentially not being as aggressive as he can be because he doesn't want to lower his shooting percentage. Example - not shooting end of quarter shots

Pros
    + Even if the "Con" above is somewhat true, he still needs to hit 30+ points to keep this streak going, which means he need to maintain a certain level of aggression on the offensive end. Active, scoring mentality LeBron = good thing
    + No more heat checks. I read somewhere that the majority of his damage has been from taking it to the basket. This means more drives to the basket and post-up opportunities.

So although he may not be taking end-of-quarter shots for selfish reasons (to preserve percentages), keeping the streak going means he needs to both be selective with his shots (and only shoot at high percentage opportunities) but score above his current season points average (27 points). And this is probably a good thing (see - his teams winning during the streak).

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Guy has 6 great games in a row in the REGULAR season...hes the goat now bc of it...seems legit lol

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

He's definitely amazing. Incomparable in this league. He even plays the right way. But he's still never going to be Jordan or Magic. It isn't even about the skillset or efficiency. It's the "winner" in them that is so much stronger than Lebron. It's written in their DNA. Though Lebron may be more skilled than anyone in history, he's not gonna be the greatest of all time, imo.

6. clippy

clippy Member

This kind of post is infuriating because it hinges on a vague, meaningless phrase like "the winner in them". Before Jordan won six titles, he had the rep of a guy who played the wrong way and who couldn't compete with "team" guys Magic and Larry (who of course had much better teams). Magic got the nickname "Tragic" for his decidedly unclutch performance in the '84 Finals, the one that really mattered since at the time the Lakers had never beaten the Celtics. You can't define a guy's legacy (or character or DNA) until after his career is over.

1 person likes this.
  7. kcplayoffs

kcplayoffs Contributing Member

I don't know how many of you guys watch all these 6 games completely.

but you have a chance to watch his highlights.

and you will notice something.

all i see is all about dunks, fastbreak and cuts, not many shooting attempts from his own.

LBJ is setting up teammates recently and when he finds good chance, he scores. (dunk or cut)

he's really GREAT,but it really has a lot to do with his monster body.

also, it's so easy for him to draw fouls and get points without counting shot attempts. man .. with that NFL body...what else can't be done???

I am not a hater of LBJ. but i see something in my way.

I am a Kobe and LBJ fan at the same time.

I don't hate kobe because of LBJ, and i don't hate LBJ because of kobe either, just different body, different style, different age, different story.

#67 kcplayoffs, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  8. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

LeBron this year is averaging close to 70% of his shots being jumpers and in thhis 6 games stetch 23% of his points come from transition so 75% are from his own. Also why are you demeaning dunks/cuts/layups/fastbreak? You do realize that's the majority of where the GOAT's points came from right? OLnly a r****d would make that a negative and make it sound so easy, it's like to reduced Shaq/Wilts/Bill russel/Magic careers because they didn't take "pretty jumpshots". Although stats say he has increase his midrange and treys by a great percentage.

9. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

Also he's scoring the majority of his points in this 6 game stretch from post up (29%) I wish people would learn what good shot selection means.

10. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

Also harden averages 10.6 freethrows over lebron's 6.7 this season are we going to hold that against harden too :rolleyes: infact every scorer in the top 5 has more freethrow attempts than lebron and lebron scores the most of the field not counting freethrows

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

They make up a new record every month it seems just to make him look good lol, anyways this isnt a real nba record all that matters is being league leader , mvp and finals MVP

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Man puts ball in hole = God ? Smfh

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Arbitrary stat + arbitrary stat = record.

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't think y'all know what "arbitrary" means. "Arbitrary" would be something like "have exactly two assists with four rebounds 13 games in a row". Scoring 30 points on 60% shooting is having a truly great game that contributes to winning. You guys would complain if he makes his next 30 shots by calling it "who cares about this obscure stat". :rolleyes:

Lebron isn't the second greatest of all time because of this stretch, this stretch is just another evidence that supports his case.

15. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

I don't see how it's "a maybe good thing" it's not even debatable of course it is, unless his team was losing but you're wrong if lebron gets hot from the 3 or midrange he still does do heat checks. He is nearing 70% of his shots being jumpers. He always does the isolated jab steb jumper every game when it's not really a high % shot and is shooting every open mid range/3 (it's up to you to say if it's a high% shot on those) He averages three 3's a game and at least 1 is contested. I notice he almost always hits the 3 if he is walking up to it no mattter if it's contested or not and he it's them very high from the open corner 3 as well. So let's not act like lebron is a shaq like player that doesn't take jumpers because he does, it's just normall for him to drives from the wing to the rim because it's his highest % shot (like most players) Although I',m not demeaning that the drive/cut layups/dunks are easy or anything, he's the only one who makes it look so easy to drive from the wing into rim defenders. He's a great finisher.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Saw the highlights this AM on ESPN. Wow, lookin like NBA2k end of game highlight reel.

17. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

This people are pretty dumb around here how is making the record for consecutive 30+ points while maintaining the highest % ever on such high scoring arbitrary? This would be arbitrary "Oh my lawd lebron has 10 games of 20+ points 6 asssist and 6 rebound and 3 + steal RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!"

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lebron James...The King of weird stats...I do think he is the best player in the game today, but seriously this is the second time this year that some idiot brought up a truly useless feat..

1. Most number of game with No Fouls
    2. Most 30 pt games shooting 60% in a row

Who really cares...

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I bet everyone hating and blowing off any major LeBron accomplishments because it's in "the regular season" (keep in mind he's already won a ring and MVP) would NOT be doing so if he was on their favorite team.

I don't think MJ got this much hate against him during his best years, then again we didn't have twitter, facebook, instagram, or high traffic forums such as this one for the most part back in those days. Making it less possible to spread the hate.

20. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Yea your boy Kobe is great, when Lebron was making 11/15 shots for 30 pts and the record of most consecutive games shooting at least 60%, Kobe was busy tearin it up, finishin his game wit one made basket and 8 turnovers.