1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Coach E

Coach E Member

How old is Capela? Like 22? 23?
    He’s already becoming an amazing player and he is super young, when the Paul harden era ends he is a solid piece to trade or build around to restart our franchise.

cerophilik likes this.
  2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

No one is building a team around Capela.

saleem and FLASH21 like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Fixed it for them:

From that standpoint, the Rockets could well be in a win-win situation this season. Either they win the title and possibly win multiple titles over the next few years, or they fall just short and become a strong candidate to land LeBron and possibly win multiple titles over the next few years.​

4. Coach E

Coach E Member

Sure then we can trade him

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets winning it all is the best option, even if it means no LeBron. But would still have to upgrade roster because GSW will reload and LeBron is going to strengthen some other loaded team.

PG13, Kawhi or Aaron Gordon should be the targets in this event.

Even if Rockets fall short, I hope Morey does not put all his eggs in LeBron basket.

napalm06 and topfive like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I remember a Morey interview where he described having a whiteboard with all sorts of contingency plans. He's got a plan for almost anything that might happen, FA-wise.

The danger comes from big names who tell us we're a maybe, then drag their feet making a decision. Meanwhile, other guys on our list get snatched up.

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  7. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

He lied about his age so he could be drafted. He's 15.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I want Paul George.

Not sure Presti will play ball though.

I know most of you guys will laughs but I still think Ryno is a great fit in okc next to russ and Adams.

Melo is not leaving okc because he’s not opting out of the 26m final year. He’s there.

They have no money and no real assets. Lakers don’t need to do a sign and trade so no assets from them.

If PG13 makes it clear it’s lakers or trade me to Houtson for Anderson and a pick.

That actually sounds better to me from an okc stand point than getting nothing knowing you just traded a young top 20 player in Olidipo as well as a young double double 7ftr in sabonis for a one year rental of PG13.

Atleast get anderson who fits the team and late 1st round pick.

That’s prob the best they can do.

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I like Capela and all, He still has a lot to improve but he is great. That said he clearly benefits from playing along side Harden. The defense has to focus on him and he is the main reason why he gets easy buckets. Now we have CP3. I don’t think Capela would get as many points without them. So in another system he won’t have this numbers.

Capela usually underperforms against stronger or more skilled bigs. Which we will prob see in the playoffs. But there aren’t many teams with good talk bigs though. So Capela will do and will be fine. I only get annoy some times when he doesn’t go for dunks and missed those easy put backs.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...james-future-forecast-next-team-titles-legacy

How many more seasons will LeBron play after this one?
    Five 34.1%
    Four 24.4%
    Six 14.6%
    Seven 14.6%
    Three 7.3%
    Eight 2.4%
    Ten 2.4%

How many more titles will LeBron win?
    One 75.6%
    Two 14.6%
    Zero 9.8%

Where will LeBron play next season?
    Cleveland Cavaliers 36.5% (21 first-place votes)
    Los Angeles Lakers 22.1% (7)
    Houston Rockets 21.7% (10)
    Philadelphia 76ers 12.3% (3)
    San Antonio Spurs 2.5% (0)
    Miami Heat 2.0% (0)
    Golden State Warriors 1.6% (0)
    Toronto Raptors 0.8% (0)
    LA Clippers 0.4% (0)

Where does LeBron rank among the greatest players of all time?
    Top five 43.9%
    No. 2 34.1%
    No. 1 12.2%
    Top 10 9.8%

What does LeBron need to do to be considered the greatest player of all time?
    Here's what our panel said:

"More titles."

"Nothing."

"Put together three straight championships."

"He needs at least one more title while winning Finals MVP. That plus an MVP might get him there."

"100 points in one game."

"Pass Kareem in scoring and win three more titles."

"Win more NBA championships."

"Win another title for Cleveland."

"Not possible -- MJ better, more consistent effort and built/stayed with one team for titles."

"I don't think LeBron will ever surpass Bill Russell."

"Shoot 3s."

"NBA's all-time leading scorer and two more titles."

"Rings strengthen the general public perception, so every ring he can get helps his case."

"He's already done it."

"Beat the Warriors."

"Multiple championships or show he can win a title without an elite supporting cast."

"Really show he can elevate his teammates, not just carry them."

"Win one more championship with the Cavs and win championships with three teams. Play at a high level until 40."

"Impossible."

"Win one more ring as the centerpiece of another franchise."​

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Chris Paul and James Harden have written the script [on this]"

:eek:

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Morey signing Ariza after Parsons got the ridiculous offer sheet from the Mavs was such a brilliant move/signing. I figure he had that as plan B the second the offseason started. I have to trust he has contingencies for everything even though that is incredibly difficult to do.

topfive likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Easy and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If I were Lebron, I would go to Philly. A stacked team with a bunch of young players that need mentorship and are willing to listen to him. You can tell that this Cavs teams is like the Lakers team with Kobe, Malone, Payton, and Shaq. It's just too old to play defense.

18. hakeemthagreat

I'd go to Philly because he'll stay in the east where he's almost guranteed a finals visit because the lack of competition. No way Lebron comes west

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

I think it was pretty clear where Lebron was going all along. I think Lebron, embiid and Simmons have probably already had private talks about teaming up together.

20. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Buuuuuutttttttttt...what if the Cavs face Philly in the ECF? Which is ridiculously likely. Then, what if Philly beats them in a hard fought series? Or just beats them, period, hard fought or not. Which is also ridiculously likely. This would put him in a position to do almost EXACTLY what Durant did. Does he do it then???