1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think Capela will leave money on the table (even though you never know, especially if at that point he'll know Lebron is coming). But i can see Paul and Trevor doing that. In the end, CP already left money on the table to come here (lol at Skip), he wants to win, not a max contract, if he wanted the money he would've stayed in L.A.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The reason I say this won't happen is because LeBron won't go to a team that just won the champsionship!!
    {I am Rocket Proud and Rocket Optimistic}

Rocket River
    ;)

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They kinda gloss over how formidable that trio would be. Shannon Sharpe gets sidetracked by the cap numbers, which in fairness, is a big hindrance to making this happen unless LeBron and CP3 take less money. Skip doesn't even really address this hypothetical superteam, but he does at least acknowledge that Harden and CP3 are clicking in a way he never imagined was possible.

Rocket Freak and yixiixiy like this.
  4. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

So your telling me they read clutchfans...

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I hope that Capela will leave some money on the table (you're right Cp3 needs to leave more money on the table than Capela) so he can continue playing with PnR gods Harden & Cp3 and experiece playing with another PnR god Lebron and get a shot at getting a ring (unless we miraculously win it all or at least take GSW to 7 games this year)

Vivi likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The path to attaining lebron will likely be the same path cp3 took.

Lebron tells management he’s walking and signing with Houston or you can trade me and I’ll opt in.

Ryan goes to a 3rd team
    Ego+1st goes to Cleveland
    Lebron goes to Houston

Resign capela with bird rights
    Resign cp3 with bird rights
    Resign ariza with bird rights

Resign lebron with bird rights the following year

7. amaru

amaru Member

The cap question is fair. We have too much money in Ryno and Capela is going to get paid.

8. amaru

amaru Member

We’d have to move some key pieces with Ryno. Draft picks and another player ?

9. Rockets4Life13

I don’t like Lebron too much but man he’s shooting 58/42%. i love our group but if you can get lebron, you get lebron.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ryno can be dealt. If it's to get LeBron, Morey will make it happen. And Capela can be matched, although there are luxury tax considerations. But again, if it's to get LeBron, does Tilman really not foot the bill? The boost in the franchise's value alone will more than offset those payments.

The real issue is who else needs to be let go to clear enough cap space. EG is unfortunately the biggest likely casualty. Maybe they could keep Ariza, although he'll be 33 next season.

11. Rockets4Life13

Agree that skip is dumb asf. He „predicted“ Harden‘s contract was to make him happy before he will be the unhappiest person in the NBA.

But to be fair, he said OKC wouldn’t work and he was one of the only ones to say it.

Vivi and amaru like this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

I’m wondering what it will take to move him. His contract is among the worst in the league, no team is going to absorb that. We are going to have to send talent that way. I’m just wondering where it’s going to come from.

13. vlaurelio

so he pretty much put Harden on the same level as WB

14. Rockets4Life13

Actually he thinks Westbrook is a better player. Lmao.

Daddy Long Legs, amaru and vlaurelio like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lebron James Harden.

Rocket Freak likes this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Harden looks pretty happy to me with CP3 by his side

17. vlaurelio

Crispy Lebron James Harden

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I’m not so sure.

With his improved pay and one less year remaining on contract I can see a team like Sacramento, who has the space to absorb him, and doesn’t have a draft pick the next year wanting him. They have recently been trying to build a culture and locker room(ryno is a known great locker room guy).

Maybe you have to send a 2nd or the third team could send a lesser or shorter bad contract instead.

None the less it’s the structure overall I think will happen if it’s going to happen

19. amaru

amaru Member

Maybe.....if he was an expiring but he still has 2 seasons after this. Would they be willing to pay 40 million for a locker room guy and a draft pick or 2?

I know they are dysfunctional but that seems like a stretch, even for them.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

The bold is true, but both LeBron and Harden have shown they can take a gutted / mediocre team pretty far into the playoffs. The beauty of having CP3 / Harden / LeBron is a bit like the CP3 / Harden effect, this year; when one sits, the other one can pick up the slack, no problem.

Like CP3 and Harden, LeBron had to almost do everything for his respective team to find success. If CP3/Harden are handling the ball, all LeBron has to do, is cut to the rim. If LeBron is handling the ball, all Harden/CP3 has to do is set a good screen (so LeBron gets matched onto a smaller guy) and that's a mismatch for himself or for CP3/Harden.

CP3 subbing in for Harden is hard to defend. CP3 + Harden both on the floor is a nightmare. Just thinking about all 3 on the floor together is ridiculous.

tl;dr? The possibilities are infinite. The potential is endless.

FANfrom86toNow and amaru like this.