1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PinoyRocket, Jul 8, 2010.

1. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Hats off to Lebron for the way he handled the situation tonight. The guy is just a complete package. Great heart and brains and abilities.

Wish him all teh best in the eastern conference, and nightmares when they play against the west. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I appreciate he didn't go to the knicks.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

he has changed the game as we speak. people are crapping their pants that a superstar in his prime is giving up his personal legacy in order to win titles.

4. HoustonRockets

I agree and he is leaving 30mill behind.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

-Didn't mention the Rockets in his list of championship teams since the early 80s but mentioned every other team if I recall correctly. :p

Those Rockets were the definition of why "teams" win championships even though they had Hakeem.

-Referred to himself a number of times in the 3rd person.

Other than that, I thought it was a questionable decision to show him the burning jersey on air like that.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I appreciate you, Lebron, for giving the league a new villain.

The jersey color is black, just like the Dark Side.

In fact you, Lebron, are Darth Vader, Wade is Darth Maul, and Bosh is a Storm Trooper

Pat Riley is Darth Siddeus

The RED DAWN begins this season!!!!!

I hope you never win a championship, LeBron. Yes, I am hating. So what.

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You could also argue that he believes this will enhance his legacy if he wins championships in Miami but I understand your point.

The moves by Garnett and now LeBron will have a rippling psychological effect on future generations of star players in all sports. This will have a tremendous impact on the already dying concept of loyalty.

He had the right to do what he wanted as a free agent but this decision will have a lot of tangential effects in the sports world. Similarly, had he decided to stick it out with Cleveland, it would've strengthened the desire of future elite players to win it with the teams that drafted them, esp. if he ultimately did win 1 or more championships with Cleveland.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Would you rather he went to the Knicks instead? :rolleyes:

Every rocket fan here should be thanking Lebron, not hating on him. Aside from going to us himself he did the 2nd best thing. The Knicks are frozen out of every single major free agent, simply because they wasted all that time and money chasing LBJ.

Had LBJ gone to chicago or NJ, that would have been the real danger, as LBJ would get to play with an already loaded team. Also Miami would have had Wade, Bosh and enough space to sign Mike Miller and a decent bench. Now that LBJ's with them they're basically just a three player team now.

1 person likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, he's the most selfless, self-effacing player the league has ever seen.

:rolleyes:

10. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

that's bullsh!t. The guys is classless.

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

GREAT MOVE BY LEBRON

He finished his contract with the Cavs....HE DOESNT OWE THEM ANYTHING!!!!!!

Prove all the assholes on this board wrong!!

I am rooting for the Heat as well as my Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont know how many times I had to hear him say how much he has done for Cleveland (team and the city).

13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I see LeBron signing with the Heat about as damaging as signing with the Knicks. In my opinion, I think the Heat will run the table with this trio. They are all in their prime and very young. It's like Jordan in the league again. Wait til that group dismantles before anyone has a shot at the title

14. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

so much for a greatest player of all time...

15. supdudes

supdudes Member

LeBrain...nuff said

16. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

this should be merged with the "is lebron a little b!tch??" thread.
    i hope we break Riley's heart again in the playoffs. watch PJ leave LA to coach the Heat as soon as Miami has chemistry problems.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

could also be LeBrawn

18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah, no kidding. The Knicks picks, no matter how valuable they are, will be pointless if they won't give us a shot at the final prize eventually.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

people cant comprehend that LeBron is willing to leave money on the table just for the best chance to win...i dont get the hate...

he enjoys attention...ok all of you were clamoring for chris bosh who is even worse, except the only attention he gets is from his fellow tweeters, and this website hahaha what a bunch of hypocrites, so much for most players leaving via sign n trades

he is no jordan he is not this he is no that, yea no s**t...neither is kobe who has 5 rings already, no one will ever let him surpass jordan, so why try and do it yourself.

go to a new team and create a new legacy. if this team goes on to win multiple championships which im sure they will, no one will ever forget lebron or wade, chris bosh will probably get forgotten about, he was nothing in the first place.

if garnett wouldnt have been so loyal to the wolves, maybe he could be going down as the greatest pf of all time and not timmy d.

the man gave up a ton of money to get to play with guys he really likes and respects and so many people want to hate on him...

good luck lebron, it will be fun to watch that team, if houston cant beat the lakers in the playoffs i hope you do or anyone else in the east

20. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

so how much is lebron getting and for how long?