1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron finally settles 99% Signing with Rockets debate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 13, 2018.

?

How much consideration did Lebron give Rockets

1. 99%

13 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. 2 yard line

9 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. If the kids like the schools

17 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. If Rockets can find a 4th team to take Anderson

11 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. not much

177 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

u just repeated exactly what I said in your 2nd sentence...

this current Lakers team is better than what we have right now which u just admitted, and they have the ability to add a 2nd star via cap space to get even better

even if it was 100% a business decision, it looks like it was a better basketball decision as well...the Lakers are already capable of making the WCF, and we’ll see how good they’ll be if they happen to get another star there

here it would’ve been Bron, Harden, aging CP3, and zero depth...the Lakers situation has upside, there was no upside here

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Good luck winning that ring

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh? Where’d u get all that from? Lakers with Lebron are already better than we are which is what I stated. This is something many doubted would be the case when he went there this summer, and they can get much better than they are now by adding a 2nd star...something they can do without having to destroy their depth due to their available max slot

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Bro wtf you talking about lol...

This is a discussion about his off season decision.

Yes they are currently better than us right now because they have lebron.

BUTTTT

If he chose us instead we would be the 1 seed and the lakers would be worse than 12-14.

heypartner likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rockets with Lebron would be better. To doubt that is like how people doubted Paul and Harden would mesh.

I mean hell, if Lebron just added his defense to this team we'd probably have the #1 seed in this jammed up West right now.

#67 heypartner, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    BigMaloe likes this.
  8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

By the end of the season the Rockets will have a better record than the Lakers and will be in the WCF again while the Lakers get bounced in the 2nd round, book it!

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Thank god OP walked me through the process first or I would've blown it

I voted 'not much" as the other 111 did.

heypartner likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I doubt the Lakers would be worse than 12-14, and if they were, not by much

I already told u what I’m talking about. When Lebron went to LA, many thought they wouldn’t even make the playoffs, and the vast majority thought the Lakers WITH Lebron would be nowhere close to the Rockets’ level WITHOUT Lebron. Well, Lebron and his squad of kids/journeyman vets is already better than we are, and his team can still get much better without having to sacrifice depth thanks to their max salary slot.

and if they do get a 2nd star, the Lakers with Lebron will be better and more promising than Rockets would’ve been with Lebron...Bron, Harden, aging CP3 on an albatross deal, and Capela plus zero depth (EG, Tuck, or both would’ve been gone in a S&T)

If Lebron didn’t win a title his 1st year here it’s pretty much a wrap since where are the avenues to significantly improve a capped out team with no depth and limited assets that most teams don’t really seem to want?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets with Lebron would be better than this current Lakers squad with Lebron, but if the Lakers get another star that team will be better than the Rockets with Lebron IMO

if Lebron came here and didn’t win a title his 1st year then he’d be pretty screwed due to factors I mentioned earlier (no cap space, CP3 only getting worse while getting paid so much, and not a ton of assets)...I don’t see upside in that situation, only regression

CHI likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If you're going to use the "Lebron will attract players to LA" argument...then that applies anywhere. You apparently haven't been reading @DreamShook

Sure, LAL miiigght get Kawhi, but Lebron also would have allowed Rockets to offer more for Butler. Ariza wouldn't have left ... or had he, he'd come back now. Tolliver for MLE? Other vet min guys. Cousins might have signed. All sorts of options open us when Lebron is your Recruiter.

And besides all that, if we win this year with Lebron, nothing else matters. And it's mere speculation to say Lebron, Paul and Harden would only have a 1yr window, when I'm starting with the notion that we could win by just adding Lebron's defense and retaining Ariza...and Lebron attracts top role players to retool the bench every year.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just being candid. He looked at the team.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The NBA won't let Lebron fail logistically. No matter where he goes, it will work. The NBA will make sure of that. Lebron just has to show up and take care of the basketball. Lebron is good at basketball.

@Reeko trying to theory craft Lebron squads is ridiculous because Lebron ALWAYS gets what he wants.

15. basketballholic

Ha! Hassan Whiteside and Justise Winslow will be traded to the Rockets within a few days, unless something significantly changes between now and then. You can expect a tweet from one of the pros (Woj, Shams, Mark, etc.) that the Rockets are in major talks with the Heat (and maybe another team) on a deal involving Whiteside and Winslow coming to Houston and Knight, EGo, and Melo going out.
    Well, you have a right to your opinion.
    Significant changes being something better comes along for either team or one of the players involved suffers significant injury.
    On our end, unless a deal materializes for a player like AD, KD, Draymond, OPjr, Beal, or possibly some other unknown top level player (maybe Hayward) then this is the deal we are pursuing and have partially agreed to already. Only things left to determine is ultimately where EGo, Knight, and Melo go, and what ancillary assets do we get back, a first, seconds, young perimeter player. One of our youngsters likely leaving with the other three guys and Melo likely headed to LAL either directly or indirectly.
    That's funny.

Tell you what. As soon as Nate Silver admits he was wrong about his odds in the 2016 presidential election, I'll admit I was wrong about my LeBron odds. Nate kept changing his odds on election night.....after the vote was in.

And as soon as the oddsmakers admit they were wrong about their odds regarding what side was going to win the Patriots/Dolphins with only seconds left to play (99.99%) then I'll admit I was wrong about my LeBron odds.

K?

When you realize how odds work you might change your mind on this thread.

But that will either be real slow or never. Some of you have too much ego for that. Good night.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

a credible insider in the know told me it all came down to 2 factors.

1. he didn't want to play with another "james" with a superior birds nest. however when asked, harden refused to shave.

2. ball vs paul. ball wins.

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It was la or ny.

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Considering that Harden didn't even bother try recruiting him because he thinks we'll win without him this year (lol).

Lebron obviously wouldn't have cared either. Now the Lakers have a better record than us and will bring Ariza back to his home in LA.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

im pretty sure bron knew for awhile he wanted LA to be his next destination. this move is about more than basketball for him. Houston is a great city, but its not LA

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is what happens when you vote for Ted Cruz

HakeemOnlyFan and Fulgore like this.