1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron finally settles 99% Signing with Rockets debate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 13, 2018.

?

How much consideration did Lebron give Rockets

1. 99%

13 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. 2 yard line

9 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. If the kids like the schools

17 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. If Rockets can find a 4th team to take Anderson

11 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. not much

177 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Ok

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i took it as tongue in cheek... lol ;)

DreamShook likes this.
  3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

(Curtain draws)

Lebron: what kind of chances are you going to grant to Houston to ever win a championship while you are commissioner??

Adam Silver: not much

(End scene)

hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Honestly guys, I'm just not having fun with this LeBron coming to Houston debate anymore.

Mazulis and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  5. basketballholic

Nothing has changed about my explanation. I gave you what I knew. Both Paul and Ariza were willing to take a one-year hicky to get LeBron here with the understanding they got the money back later. I said 99% (not 100%) based on other factors I won't go in to here except to say this....these guys game each other constantly. They have to. The NBA family is very broad and the top 100 players know each other well. And they all can't play together. But the top guys are always looking for an in.

Contrary to what some naive people think....LeBron does tell an occasional fib. And in this case he either is lying now about how much he was considering Houston or he was lying to some other people during the season last year and shortly after the season ended. Based on knowing Paul was willing to take a one year haircut combined with what LeBron was telling some people at that time I put 99%.

Also, contrary to what has been discussed here......Harden was (allegedly) willing to play with LeBron. That was discussed between Paul and Harden before Paul even made the choice to come to Houston. And it affected Paul's decision to come here. Last season was virtually a full on season of recruitment by Paul of LeBron. And Paul wouldn't have done that without feeling that there was a very good chance of pulling LeBron here.

There was also an understanding with the trade between Paul and Morey that the Rockets would go after LeBron hard and would make moves to that end.

So all sides were cooperating, including Harden. LeBron, in turn, also started sending vibes. He wanted to play off the ball more. That was a hint.

Now all of those factors minus Paul being willing to take a one-year hicky would place us at about 50/50 to land Lebron. I understand that. But knowing the situation with Paul's contract and what he was willing to do, and also knowing some of the convo that took place throughout the season and after the season, I upped the odds to 99%.

By the way CP3 is going to get another 20 million or so after this deal is up. And somebody will have to eat it probably..either us or somebody else. Watch it happen in 4 years.

6. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

That sounds like something Kawhi will say when he's asked how much consideration he put into joining the Lakers.

And yeah you always have to watch some video to get to the full context, but I couldn't care less. "Not much" would be the full Kawhi Leonard answer.

7. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

The full context makes a difference. He said they were one of teams he looked at, but not much. That’s why I said **** him because I didn’t see the full context in thread title. I’ve been a Lebron fan but not over my team. Our team sucks right now and I trash them more than anyone, but still our team. It’s like giving tough love to a friend

Mazulis likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but Morey said that the Rockets had their pick of free agents and that players were lining up to play here.

Mazulis and J.R. like this.
  9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

He really duped morey for that 160mil.....:eek:

Mazulis likes this.
  10. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

N
    Nope, Lebron was already set on LA long before the fan/media hype on him coming here started. Because that's where he wanted to be when he retires from basketball.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

In other words, Lebron was headed to L.A. the whole time. The man lives there a few months out of the year and He has businesses there. He had homes already in LA and Cleveland, he just moved the family fron one mansion to another. He was NEVER coming.

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

LeBron talking out of his ass again as usual. This was a couple months ago

Deuce, HakeemOnlyFan, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He clearly said in an article last summer that he "thought long and hard" about it so not really putting much stock in this.

basketballholic and GotGame15 like this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thank you for defending my vote

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't really think we needed any validation to know that guy on this forum who doesn't deserve his name mentioned, doesn't have an utter clue what he's talking about.

YOLO likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lebron is lying just to discredit @holic

Mazulis, TEXNIFICENT and J.R. like this.
  17. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

It takes a special type of insecurity to never, ever, EVER admit you were wrong about anything or to cast your opinions as anything but incontrovertible fact at all times. Even the highest peak of arrogance doesn't feel the need to torture history and logic to defend itself at all turns. I have managed (and fired) multiple people with similarly crippling insecurity ... and it was always a shame because the person always had some nugget of value.

Anyway, enough about Durant ... this is a Lebron thread, right?

Deuce, AroundTheWorld and heypartner like this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol at thinking the "Lakers" team is better than us.

The "Lakers" team WITH LeBron, is currently better than our current Rockets.

But to even fathom a 1% belief that the"Rockets" team WITH LeBron wouldn't be the 1 seed right now is doing an insane dis-justice to just how good and impactful LeBron really is.

I dont care about the brightness of 3-4 years from now, and tbh neither does LeBron.

He was ALWAYS going to LA because hes trying to become a billionaire and one day own a team. This was 100% a business decision.

19. macan

macan Member

lebrick is a faker. case closed. delete thread

Mazulis likes this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait ... so you are saying Lakers with Lebron would be better than the Rockets with Lebron, just because the Rockets without Lebron are currently behind the Lakers with Lebron?

BigMaloe likes this.