1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League Pass/Watching Rockets in SA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chievous minniefield, Jul 10, 2013.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

So I live in San Antonio now. And the market blocks the ishsmith out of any Rockets games.

I have Uverse, so no CSNHouston. But even when Rockets road games would be shown on Fox stations in other markets, they'd be blacked out here. Even more aggravating...the midnight replays of the games would still get blacked out here.

So my question has to do with League Pass. Would it be any different?

If anyone knows, please educate me. If I get League Pass, living in San Antonio, what Rockets games would I be able to see, and which would I not?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this isn't the right forum.

2. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

I actually just graduated from SA and moved back to Houston...whenever I had league pass they would show the games in SA so I believe it will work

3. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

As long as you don't live in Houston you shouldn't get blacked out

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Thanks, 1604.

With that username, I believe you were in San Antonio.

5. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

I live in Lufkin, 120 miles north of Houston. For me Rockets games are always blacked out on League Pass, even the replays which makes no sense at all to me.

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You are outside of the Rockets NBA broadcast territory. You are good to go. None of the CSN Houston stuff affects you.

The only thing that will be blocked on NBA League Pass for you are the Spurs, which you will already get on your local Fox Sports station.

For home games you will likely get the CSN feed, and about 80 percent of the time, you get the opposing team when the Rockets are on the road.

Source: I lived in Austin, and I didn't miss a single game when I had league pass.

7. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

haha naw Ive had the 1604 since High School but I know what your talkin about though lol born and raised in Houston bro

8. hooodwink21

hooodwink21 Member

Basically any games that air locally will be blacked out, including spurs games and games picked up by local providers that air on nbatv espn and national games. Sucks, but you should be able to find a bar for those games if you don't have cable or satellite.

9. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya im in S.A. and got league pass for the NBA season and Summer League and it works fine

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

And somebody give this man some rep.

(would rep if I could)

11. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Any regular games that are blacked out included local and national broadcasts (ABC, TNT). Also NBATV, but I have Directv so NBA League Pass automatically come with it NBATV. Also most packages should come with ABC and TNT. Just make sure you have Fox Sports (Southwest) for your regional channels just in case those are blacked out.

Even when Directv doesn't carry CSN, I still get some of the broadcasts through NBA League Pass. If not, it's just the opponents broadcast (Fox Sports, CSN, etc).

12. rawool

rawool Member

I live in SA. Been watching Rockets on League Pass past 6 years.

13. rawool

rawool Member

I also have to note that you won't be able to watch local Houston broadcasts nor replay archived games on NBA Broadband when HOU plays in San Antonio

14. bizzyboi

bizzyboi Member

Just sign up with a free VPN service, connect to it, then you can watch any Rockets game regardless of where you are.

15. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Does league pass have an app for roku?