1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League Pass Broadband problem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Dec 2, 2010.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Has anyone ever had a problem to the point they wanted to talk to tech support or customer service? Anyone know of a phone number to call, rather than their tech support ticket. I want to avoid spending a day or two convincing via email/or trouble ticket them something is wrong, and not on my end.

my problem:
    Finally purchased it, yesterday for the Laker's game. Everything is fine through 3 quarters, then it stopped feeding, giving me the "Loading" screen. Relogged in and tried every available game and each one was stuck on "Loading."

Since I was dying missing out on the Rockets/Lakers 4th Q, I decided to superstitiously try a reboot of my machine. Come back up, log into my NBA.com All Access membership, click "Watch / Listen" to games, and the game console fails to show up. I keep getting redirected to the index page for purchasing LP. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My All-Access account info show LP as successfully subscribed to, so it doesn't seem like I got unsubscribed, but that is the symptoms of it, as if it doesn't know I'm subscribed.

tia for any help, especially if you have a customer support phone number.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

888 622 0178

1 person likes this.
  3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

does anyone know how to get LPB if we purchased it through Time Warner for cable. does it still include NBALPB?

1 person likes this.
  4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i have always complained that customer support is the worst part of dealing with LPBB. unfortunately, there is just no way to get a live human being on the other end of the phone.

the live support chat is very frustrating, as they never answer the question, only vague stock responses from their script o' scenarios.

have you tried clicking the 'Launch League Pass Broadband" option?

1 person likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thanks.

bingo! Haha, I wasn't sure what you were talking about. I was following the steps used during the sign-up, takes you to member area, "Watch / Listen Now." Doing it all wrong, I guess. Seemed to have been a "Watch Now" button on the LP home page last year.

anyhow, thx guys, both repp'd

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ya, LP takes forever to actually load a game, and the time between going full screen to not is insane.

7. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Could try a different browser too. (ie chrome ) or clear your cookies and cache in the current browser

8. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I absolutely hate about LP is that they blackout NBATV games. It does not make any sense at all!

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If it takes more than 2-3 seconds, your internet connection speed is the problem. When I travel, LPBB isn't nearly as good compared to home because the hotel internet connections are slower.

100% agree, but it doesn't bother me now that U-Verse has NBA TV.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

One thing I was wondering about is if you guys used a VPN and had some way to use a foreign billing address, could you not just use the "better" international NBA League Pass Broadband?

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You need to go to NBA.com and activate your NBA League pass for broadband account using your time warner account information.

Chances are though that your account info will not be found. Dont even bother calling Time Warner about this. They are absolutely useless.

What you need to do then is submit a ticket to nba.com (link will be provided if they cant find your account information when you first try to activate account). In your ticket you need to submit your information including a PDF of your time warner bill which shows you being charged for NBA League pass.

Your account will be activated and you will receive an email notification in a day or two.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

eh? i've been using chrome and have no such issues, it loads in like 5 secs, switches instantly, etc

That being said, i do have an i7-860 and geforce 470 so it might be a processing thing

13. across110thstreet

had problems loading all games tonight, was wondering of anyone else had similar issue?

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did not.

15. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I didn't but my feed was delayed about 30 seconds.

16. across110thstreet

it's happening for me again and it is very frustrating.

I can't watch a game until archive mode.

when I try and "Launch" the LPBB, the opening page comes up, when I select a live game it doesn't load and shuts down the browser...

:mad:

I'm about to deal with live chat support next unfortunately.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I was able to watch the final 25 seconds of regulation of the Hornets/Pistons with no problem.

18. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

I'm in Australia and I subscribed to League Pass this year. Would I be subject to blacked out games?

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

no, there is no blackouts for international

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

What browser are you using? I can't watch it in firefox, but work great with chrome.