1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League is on Notice with Asik and Moving Screens

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Nov 6, 2013.

?

Have You Noticed This Moving Screen Issue with Asik and Are You at All Concerned?

1. Yes I noticed, and am very concerned about these moving screens going forward.

19.8%
  2. I noticed, but not too worried.

59.4%
  3. I didn't notice it but it is a concern.

10.4%
  4. I am oblivious to the world! Ignorance is Bliss!

10.4%
  1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

The moving screen call is r****ded. When exactly can the big man move?? I seen call where the guy with the ball had already run pass the screen and at that instant, the big man need to move to the basket. But as he move, he drags along the other player that try to defend the ballhandler and as result get called for illegal screen.

I'll say they should just get rid of illegal screen and just let the guys play. Let them go at it and as long as they don't use hands to drag another dude...it should not be a foul.

2. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Is it allowed in Europe the way they allow offensive interference?

3. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Exactly! Dwight does not have this problem on our team only Asik. Hence my concern.

4. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Then Asik needs to learn how to set a legit screen and quit the hip/knee jerk. Take some lessons from Dwight! I hate when screens don't get call and our guys trip or get delayed in their rotation.

5. MONON

MONON Member

I noticed last year that Asik usually moved into the defender when he set a screen. I thought then that he would get called for a moving screen sometime. Sometime is this year. It also helps if the ball handler brushes against the screener when he drives by. Seems like that is a lost art.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Can the league be on notice for Paul's outlandish flopping and the piss poor refereeing instead?

7. NotChandlerParsons

Not super concerned since, like all "points of emphasis" it will all just disappear sometime before the all-star break.

1 person likes this.
  8. NotChandlerParsons

Dwight doesn't have it because he is a star and stars don't get called for that stuff very often. He sets moving screens all over the place (as any good big should).

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Moving screen is like holding in football. You can call it in every play if you want.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, this was noticeable to me too.

11. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Dude...i was seriously thinking about that. Reading the post by OP i was literally thinking about the clippers game that just happened. I get the feeling we will get hit, but not the clippers this year. Just like flopping, CP was warned but never really enforced on him. Amongst others as well in the league.

12. TheDr34m

Clippers seem to be the darlings of the NBA and of course Head Darling CP3 himself. They better get called or the rockets need to start sending tape into the league.

13. bongman

bongman Member

It is not just the moving screens. They are also putting a lot of focus on traveling for illegal eurosteps, moving the pivot foot and palming the ball. The league is focused on removing playground style basketball.

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

problem i have is they are not consistent
    clippers had plenty of moving pick they didn't call

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They should be on notice about all the moving screens that the Clipper's commits.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd never seen so many moving picks in my life that game. It like the Clippers wanted to set so many of them the refs couldn't just keep blowing their whistles.

17. TheDr34m

quite ingenious actually. Unfortunate but smart.

18. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I was waking up the house screaming about all of them :cool: But at one time it was the charging call, and then hand checking, and now it is traveling. Maybe next it will be moving screens.

19. Swag

Swag Member

what about the clippers bigs? they all seem to do it

20. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Don't get me started on that stupid ****. "Delay of game" is supposed to be the name of the rule violation, but so far it's more representative of what the refs do whenever they call it.

On topic: Since someone asked earlier in the thread, moving screens aren't allowed in Europe either. Up until last year I'd say they were more consistent than the NBA with calling them, but right now the NBA seems to be more strict. I expect it to mellow out over time. Wasn't it last year that they decided not to call a foul when you coax the defender to jump with a pump fake and then bumped into him? That lasted like... 2 minutes?