1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[League Conspiracy] NBA had a hand in the Melo deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigggReddd, Sep 23, 2017.

1. hcw128

hcw128 Member

Thunder: Westbrook(Nike), PG13(Nike), Melo(Nike)
    Rockets: Harden(Adidas), CP3(Nike)

Things are not looking good,
    Rockets badly needed that second Nike guy.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They thought NY had to take Anderson and they didn't. Once that was dead, they should've explored Ariza and Gordon for Carmelo, but of course they didn't. As camp is opening soon, Carmelo didn't want to be in NY and be miserable. He expanded his list and now his on a team that can beat the warriors. I wish it was Houston, but it seems like we're always 1 move away under Morey.

RasaqBoi and pippendagimp like this.
  3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

LOL westbrook can not make the players around him better like Harden, or Lebron. The league wanted Melo with Westbrook because they know that it will be a ratings draw againist the warriors... WOW 3 mvps on one court.. But the NBA is not dumb to market Westbrook over their beloved Curry. Curry has iq over Westbrook as does Harden.

You give Harden a Melo and Paul George and they are a lock to make the finals, with Westbrook 2nd round could be their ceiling

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Okay seriously though, are people just intentionally messing with me at this point? Drexlerfan22 ≠ DrexlerFan

5. alethios

alethios Member

I don't blame him for expanding his list. He probably felt that if the Rockets wanted him bad enough, they would have made it happen already, and instead got the message that we're not that serious as to give up key pieces.

6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I like it!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

Yep. The NBA is about STORYLINES. They care less about making the overrall quality of basketball better. The problem is Houston just isnt a storyline driven team even though we're elite. I honestly think the league blocked our original deal, hoping Melo would pick Cleveland. Once Kyrie demanded a trade it made no sense for Melo. They blocked this whole thing

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D

Christ almighty.

9. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Imagine thinking this thunder team can beat the warriors

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'm not saying he's a bad dude or anything. I'm just saying that the reason Melo's not a Rocket is because he gave in. He's the one who broke the standoff. Everyone else was doing the right thing from their end. If he had held out he still might've been a Rocket by the deadline but apparently being on this team isn't as important to him as we had believed.

slothy420 likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

All I know is Patterson-Melo-George-Chucker is leaps and bounds better than the total trash they gave up to acquire those guys.

And now you have the wildcard Butler Towns Wiggins Wolves lurking around.

Sucks to be in the West. Imagine if LeBron goes to the Lakers to start building a new banana boat.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol it's plain stupid. It's professional basketball not The Avengers. Okc will get smoked by Rockets, Spurs and Warriors watch.