1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lazy Statement: "I'll rest when I'm done"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Mar 21, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wow. Kellerman changed his mind mid video.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The fk is with all this Westbrook Dick riding. The media is pretty stupid.
    Jeezus Can't wait for Harden to get MVP so he can rub it on all over media's fking face.

Pen15clubber, DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Because WB is doing something historical.. Like a batter batting .400 for the whole year. Or a RB chasing Dickerson's yardage record. No matter the circumstances, these will always get nauseating media exposure.

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

putting the dumbest people they can find on tv must be a ploy to make viewers want to watch b/c it makes them feel good about themselves

5. threepointshot3

Someone tell those three idiots on ESPN Harden takes more physical punishment then any other other player in the league and continuously leads the league in minutes played and has missed only one game in the last 200 odd games. No he is not just repeating the company line. He is stating the damn truth. Just look at his track record the only way he misses a game is either via suspension or some serious injury. He has already said D'Antoni better not come to him and say you need to sit out a game here or there because it aint happening!.

6. hakeemthagreat

Theyre doing what they do all the time, protecting their cash cows (Lebron, Pop) while shittin on James. Had Lebron said the same thing theyd be praising how durable & brave he is by playing. But ofcourse James isnt the media darling Lebron is and they chose to chit on the man for a harmless comment.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

All this is done to generate hits and clicks and views

Put the most obnoxious idiots out there who will make statements that defy logic or natural thinking and there you get high ratings. We need to stop paying attention to these losers

Os Trigonum and heypartner like this.
  8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Just watched all those videos.

My only response is
    [​IMG]

Fyreball, Pen15clubber, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I'm going to type in caps I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY IN 2017 DO PEOPLE CARE WHAT ANYONE FROM ESPN THINKS

Os Trigonum and heypartner like this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

All this is, is the media protecting Lebron. By Harden saying he doesn't like to rest games (which is the RIGHT thing to say) it puts the attention on Lebron for being coddled to. I honestly believe Lebron has ppl in the media paid by him to protect his image at all cost. That's why whenever the Cavs win it's all credit to Lebron's "greatness", but if the Cavs lose it's "why doesn't Lebron have enough help" or "does Kyrie Irving shoot too much". ESPN goes out their way to push this narrative Lebron's the best player in the league, and whenever Harden speaks truth about not resting they immediately attack Harden (like Harden's not a MVP frontrunner lol). Protect your cash cow ESPN

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ok, I broke down and watched that SportsNation TV segment. And honestly, I am not even outraged because it was an utter train wreck and a $hitshow. Laughable.

No one is going to use any of those sound bytes from those clowns to further any other person's campaign. Amateur gibberish.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

They are all 3 dumb as ****. Kellerman too

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That p***y in the middle used the game against the lakers AGAINST harden by saying "he only scored 18 points but his team put up 140" b**** he had 13 assists, and 12 rebounds too... And that hurts his chances at MVP? Then he says don't look too hard into hardens performance from the other night because it's the nuggets. Ok so the lakers game counts because he only scored like 20 points but the nuggets game doesn't...makes sense

Then he says NOTHING about durant not playing in the game vs Westbrook. He says Westbrook had a bad performance against the best team in the league. Dude harden led his team to a win over a fully healthy GSW squad. **** you idiots, sick of it. Did you hear the way beetle splooshed her granny's as soon as someone even mention popovich. Suck one all you ESPN chodes

Dankstronaut and Cash Cam like this.
  14. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I've been in the health care profession for over 16 years. In college I did a research paper on
    the effects of steroids on the human body. One can goggle, "the effects of steroids on ligaments
    and tendons," and come to your own conclusions. My opinion is that continual use of steroids weaken the soft tissues of the body. That constitutes ligaments or tendons which connect
    muscle to bone. These players would want more days off between games.

When people ask me why pro players suffer so many more injuries in the 3 major sports over past
    players? I tell them, I don't have the stats to support that notion or perception. I just know Jose Canseco
    claimed many baseball players were taking steroids back then......and recently George Karl made the
    same sort of accusation across the board. Karl is closer to the situation than myself.

I have my suspicions when players are trying to eliminate back to backs in today's game. Players
    of the past claim today's players are pampered......get paid more while being sheltered more.

I'm not pointing fingers at any one star in the sport of basketball and I'm no where near an expert.
    Just giving my humble opinion on the matter. Harden I'm guessing is clean.....judging by his
    non chiseled physique and not missing too many games. I could be wrong though. Anyone could
    be a user of steroids.

Here is an old dated tidbit from the past on effects of steroids on soft tissue. I'm sure there are updated
    articles on the matter to support this notion or disprove. The internet has everY aspect of every topic.
    To each their own as far as opinion. Modern medicine makes strides every day.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3610410

* I would bring out some supplements may be legal at times but banned later. Many baseball players were taking Creatine........which I believe was later banned by MLB

#94 Jatman20, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

holy shiite!! MEDIA CONSPIRACY. why didn't I ever think of this????

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Sports center just praised Westbrook for coming out and saying that if he's healthy he's playing.... unfortunately for harden the anchor also made it sound like he's the first player to come out and say that, going so far as to say that Westbrook's response was the perfect answer and should be retweeted by the league.

Seriously, when did harden become such a villain? It's odd.

Pen15clubber and heypartner like this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He literally just said harden won a game only scoring 18 points lmao and that westbrook doesn't have that luxury. Westbrook tonight-18 points, blowout win

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lest we forget it was against a bottom-feeding team too. That 18 point triple double from Harden, immediately forgotten.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This triple double from Westbrook was very unique so unique that u see this sht from sportscenter.

I hate when Rockets go on too long of a break, we all have to see this Westbrook dick riding until the next game.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

time to see if they crucify Russ for this statement. pretty much said the same thing as Harden. this will confirm the media conspiracy by tenfold