1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. basketballholic

Not interested.

Jones likely destinations?

Portland, Detroit, Orlando, Philly, Atlanta

2. Classic

Classic Member

Good lord. You like a jaded ex. We all guys sitting at the bar talking hoops. How I feel anyway. Bball calls it and you don't. Yet you feel the need to stomp around like a 4 yr old. Dude, guy was right and I'm not proclaiming his status as an insider but as someone bringing productive ideas to the table for us to discuss simply based on track record. Outside of criticism, what you doing to promote the discussion? If his guess is predicated by research, it's more than you bring as intuition. 4 scrubs for a top 15 pg. All I'm seeing.

3. basketballholic

That's why I blocked him. He'd rather discuss me than the Rockets.

Back to Jones.

How about Danny Granger and a second rounder for Terrence?

What about Granger/Dinwiddie for Terrence?

4. spark06

spark06 Member

Saying you're an insider on a forum is like Kanye West saying he's the greatest rockstar of all time.

5. basketballholic

Probably true. That's why I've never claimed to be an insider. In fact, I've repeatedly said I'm not an insider.

now, let's talk Rockets.

What about Andrew Nicholson and a second rounder for Terrence? Nicholson has a nice stroke. Just needs confidence to shoot it. Second rounder should be a high second rounder. Can we do better?

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That would be a HORRIBLE trade. Granger is garbage now. Jones isn't going anyplace unless we get another PF. We need him.

7. basketballholic

Horrible??

Here's Granger less than 7 months ago.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Usm3EWG2qpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If he's done, I'll take that done and raise you. Your off the bench stretch 4 is waiting. You'll never see Terrence pulling like that.....ever.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

1 game out of 30 that he actually played doesn't mean much. so yes that would be a horrible trade

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

BBhollic, sorry if you've explained this before, but can you explain/point to Coon's CBA FAQ where the last year of Lawson's contract was allowed to be non-guaranteed?

1 person likes this.
  10. basketballholic

It is an allowed modification.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q62

1 person likes this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's done. He has no athleticism anymore. He's going to be 33 years old this year. He shot a meager 40% from the field last year and he's about to get cut from a terrible Pistons team. He's got nothing left. Jones > Granger it's not even close.

12. basketballholic

Sure. :_ones >>>> Granger. That's why we want a second rounder too.

Put Granger out there in a wheelchair. He'll still pull 3's ten times more than Terrence will. And we need that 3-ball.

Athleticism or 3-ball. We've got loads of athleticism. We need 3-ball.

#752 basketballholic, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  13. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Jones >>> Granger + 2nd rounder

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

What is Granger going to bring for us that Ariza, KJ McDaniels, Jones, etc can't already do and besides the 2nd rounder?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup granger is so good now that teams just want to dump him twice this year to get rid of him

16. basketballholic

LOL

We wouldn't be trading Granger for those guys. The question is what would Granger bring us that Terrence doesn't bring us? The answer is the 3-ball.

Look, I'm not honed in on Granger here. But I think it's about fair value. A second and Granger or possibly Granger and Dinwiddie for Jones.

Maybe Nicholson and a second?

Maybe something else and a second.

We need 2 things: Rebounding and 3-point shooting. Terrence gives us neither. Need to take advantage of whatever trade value he has left to get some of what we need and a second rounder to add to our stash for future trades.

17. basketballholic

Yup. Kinda like Lawson. Buy low. That's why we should be able to get a second rounder too.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

I wasn't suggesting we should trade any of those players for Granger.

I agree TJones would be our best bet to get a player that fills our needs and most likely next player to be dealt but we can probably do better than Granger/2nd/filler.

19. basketballholic

go ahead.....speak on. What can we get for him?

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Terrance Jones isn't getting traded so stop it. Especially not for Danny Granger. We're loaded at both the 2 and 3.

Lol we get lucky on one trade and now we think we're the trade God around here.