1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawmaker gets threatened for his speech by special snowflake "political correctness" warriors

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Let me specify: a Republican Arab lawmaker tagged as a "Muslim terrorist" for having the gall to call Donald Trump a "moron".

(and get this, he isn't even Muslim)

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...maker-faces-wrath-of-donald-trump-supporters/

I'm glad the world's greatest protectors of free speech and the Constitution against "political correctness" are on the case.

so...somebody calls Donald Trump a moron, and they're a member of ISIS because they're from the same region. Then their actions are lumped in with a party affiliation action that has nothing to do with them, but that terrorist scum must be up to something. Therefore...death threats?

I usually end my threads with a question, so I guess I'll end it with this: can the current American political discourse sink any lower? :confused:

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Probably not.

What is funny to me is that it is the right that is always complaining about "PC" culture and the left's sensitivity to words but they are the exact same, just with different words.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup. I thought so. I could be a Marine vet, and an ex-muslim but as long as I'm brown and came from a Muslim family, the racist right wing base will always believe I'm some sort of terrorist.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Actually, Right wingers are more sensitive special snow flakes with their Christian persecution complex. A White straight male liberal is not enough of a p***y to state the he is being persecuted.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Disagree

6. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

what is funny to me is that people think yelling at one another for speech is the end of times, but very few people will comment about the death threats people routinely receive for having the "wrong" speech, as you can see in this example.

the latter is the definition of political censorship/correctness, whatever you want to call it.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

That's funny, I actually been discriminated by left wingers.