1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[latinoreview.com] Exclusive: David Goyer Hired To Write Superman: The Man of Steel?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockets934life, Feb 24, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Don't meant to start 2 threads in one day but I am a HUGE Superman fan and if this news is true then it has made my year, so for those true Superman fans it's time to celebrate.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-david-goyer-hired-to-write-superman-the-man-of-steel-9286

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I hope the story about Chris Nolan being brought on as like the overseer of Superman is also true because David Goyer alone is not really going to make for a good movie. Mysteriously, Goyer's best work comes when he's partnered with extremely talented people ex: Alex Proyas on Dark City and the Nolans on the last 2 Batman films. Goyer's strong suit in comic book movies is being a huge comic book fan and wanting to adhere to the best of the mythology.

I do like what I'm hearing about going to the Byrne version of Superman.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Lex Luthor...that guy.

4. conquistador#11

The article alone was funny.

Chale homes, bring on doomsday F* lex luthor.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hate this whole make superman more edgy thing. Superman is just too powerful. They need to get darksied or Doomsday or someone who is in the same power class as him. I am tired of lex luthor.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Where in this article did it say anything about making him edgier? Plus Braniac!

7. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

The greatest superman I've ever read is Superman Red Son.

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Was that the one were he teamed up with Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes?

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Just because it's in "latinoreview"... do they have to add these silly greetings in Spanish? :rolleyes: WTH? Plus, he can't write "niños" correctly...
    What is ^ this bull crap? :confused:

10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Like they would ever make that a movie......but seeing a Comrade Batman would be awesome on screen.

11. rockets934life

Well if they go with the Bryne's Superman then he wont be as powerful, still F'N strong, but not crazy god strong. Luthor being the main villian wasn't might first choice but again if they follow Bryne's Supes then he will be one crazy A$$ dude that could actually pose a threat to Superman. Brainic being included almost guarantees Metalllo, Bizzaro or Eradicator being the next villian. Darksied is the mother of all epic 3rd movie showdowns and would be something to see.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So this is a good thing? :confused:

I thought Tom Welling was supposed to be the next true Superman. At least that's what I was told.

13. rockets934life

Is it a good thing? Well it really depends on your point of view, if you want a more traditional Superman like in the Donner films then probably not great news. This Superman will be more down to earth(no pun intended), Clark will be featured a lot more with a more realistic view on the Superman mythology. In Bryne's version everything is explained to a somewhat realistic level thus the reason Supes' powers being a bit stripped down but at the same time the action should be great because he will actually have equals where his powers alone won't get him by.

Goyer and Nolan taking on this project probably means a lot of what made Dark Knight great will be used to some degree along with Bryne's stories being the parameters they will follow.

Edit - On Tom, he is very much associated with Smallville, kind of like a Superboy character rather then the true Superman. This Superman, since it is not an origin film, will be older so he probably won't fit the mold they are look for.