1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Latest Good Deed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, May 24, 2007.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I'm in Cleveland, and yesterday I got lost walking from my hotel to the comedy club. I asked a few people for directions and it seemed that the only person willing to help was this homeless guy. Not only did he tell me how to get there, he actually walked with me to the club (8 blocks or so), never asking for anything. I gave him a few bucks and was kinda touched when he said that he would have helped me for free.

Inspiration comes from strange places.

I can't remember the last time I went out of my way for a stranger, I've really gotta work on that.

Jeff- Thanks again
    Miguel- I haven't forgotten about you
    Max- We gotta stop lying about lunch. ;)

^ good deed doers. :)

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

speaking of which,

Mango is a good deed doing, too.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i gave someone special the best 33 seconds of my life the other day.

4. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

as long as he appreciated it... ;)

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You sent someone this video?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceLlz7dOOvY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceLlz7dOOvY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i was wondering how long it would go before someone posted that. :)

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Was Jeff the homeless guy? Poor guy, he hasn't been the same since game 7.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

A paper was supposed to be due in 4 hours, we had 2 weeks to do it. It was a group thing. Only one girl had no group because of I don't know reason, she came up to me and told me she had nothing done. I said it would be alright, and everything will be fine and that I would help her. She was all "noo, noo it's ok! no!". I helped her anyway and finished her paper in 3 hours... Hopefully she passed.

9. hotballa

wow takes you that long to leave?

10. hotballa

its a good deed only if you don't want anythgin in return, obviously you want to sleep with this girl.

11. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Who talks about their good deeds? Are you looking for a David Brent?

12. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I couldn't help thinking of this.
    "Hello Cleveland!"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGc4NwIfn1U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGc4NwIfn1U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was going to ask him if the guy looked anything like Bo Diddley, but I didn't think anyone would get the reference. :D

Last weekend, we were at Texas Roadhouse and we clearly had a new waiter. I think it was his first day and it was REAL busy. He was stressing. He forgot to bring my salad before my meal and my girlfriend told him. I was going to just let it go because I felt bad for him. He was very apologetic and we kept saying "no big deal, man."

So I left him a big tip and on the way out I saw the manager talking to him by the door. I told the manager that he did a great job and we really enjoyed our meal because of the great service.

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Is leaving a big tip a good deed?

On a related note a few years ago I was changing planes in Chicago for a flight to Hong Kong and since there was a really bad snowstorm so I along with alot of other people missed our connecting flights. At the United transfer line the there were a lot of really irate people and as it was a shift change a bunch of counter people left even though the new counter staff hadn't showed up yet. One of the counter people stayed on even though he was now the only one and was just taking abuse from all of these pissed off people. He stayed there for about half an hour and by the time I got up to the line the new shift showed up and he had taken off.

I got stuck in Chicago for the night but next morning when I saw the same guy heading towards the counter to start his shift and thanked him for sticking around when his coworkers had left him to deal with an irate crowd. He appreciated it and considered it just doing his job.