1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last statement from those about to be executed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/executedoffenders.htm

A lot of sad final words from many, but this is a classic:

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

now that's a depressing website

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Too bad the site doesn't list their last meal requests any more...

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Damn.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Some make you feel kind of sorry for them, then you read the offender information and you don't really feel bad anymore.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

True.

7. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Last Statement:
    Yes I do. Debbie, my Baby, I love you; do you know I love you. You are my life. You are my wife - always stay strong. Stay strong everybody. I am innocent. I am being punished for a crime I did not commit. I have professed my innocence for nine years, and I continue to say I am innocent. Let my people know I love them. We must continue on. Do not give up the fight; do not give up hope for a better future. Because we can make it happen. I love you, I love my son, and I love my daughter. Bruno, Chuckie, Juanita, Ray - I love you, all of you. Stay strong baby. I love you forever.

Summary of incident
    On June 26, 1997, Frazier and one co-defendant burglarized a private residence. Then they took the property and went next door to a residence where a white female was alone with her son. The victim offered them a ride into town and when she went out to start her vehicle, Frazier followed her. When she went back into the house, he shot her in the face with a 9-millimeter handgun. He then shot her again in the back of the head. The co-defendant shot the son one time in the head and three more times in the chest and abdominal area with a 9-millimeter handgun. Frazier and the co-defendant then took Nutt’s pickup and fled the scene.

It really makes you wonder... WHAT IF.... what if this guy was framed for something... what if the stars were aligned and it just happened to look like he did it.. So weird...

8. Highwire

Highwire Member

The punishment for murder should be death as well. But the question is, how good is our judicial system here?

Execution should only be given to those convicted not by circumstantial evidence alont but by a strong witness as well.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Didn't you guys learn anything from Shawshank Redemption? NOBODY in prison is guilty!

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The last meal requests are crazy.

I want 2 double cheeseburgers, large order of fries, large order of onion rings, 5 large diet cokes, 2 large pizzas with every topping, 1 apple pie, 1 pecan pie, 2 chocolate shakes, 1 strawberry shake, 5 gallons of blue bell ice cream, 2 lb steak medium well, 2 large ice teas, 10 coconut shrimp with sauce, 5 jumbo hot dogs, 1 gallon of root beer, 1 chicken fried steak with lots of gravy and all the sides and if I have room to eat more I will take 1 alaskan halibut cooked by a world renown chef.

WTF! :confused:

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It happens. Framed is probably a strong word, but occasionally accurate. More often, it tends to be overzealous officers who ignore what to an average person would be obvious exonerating evidence because they just "know" they're right.

For example:

how more investigation isn't done on the babysitter in a case like this is beyond me.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Anybody remember Karla Faye Tucker? As I recall the first woman executed in Texas (2-3-98) in decades. Her words:

"Yes sir, I would like to say to all of you – the Thornton family and Jerry Dean’s family that I am so sorry. I hope God will give you peace with this.

Baby, I love you. Ron, give Peggy a hug for me. Everybody has been so good to me.

I love all of you very much. I am going to be face to face with Jesus now. Warden Baggett, thank all of you so much. You have been so good to me. I love all of you very much. I will see you all when you get there. I will wait for you.'

Who was that who fought so fiercely for her release?

13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I only wish executions were much less clinical and humane. I don't feel sorry for these scum at all.

We really should execute them by disemboweling or some similar means. Either that, or leave the method of execution up to the victim's family. Yea, I think that's the best idea. Leave it up to the victim's family.

14. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Anyone else seen the special on the Jon benet case and her parents? Talks about a f-u... sometimes (some) police egos get in the way of justice.

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I can't even click on that site. Last statements are the most depressing thing ever.

I don't necessarily feel sorry for the murderers (the guilty ones), but capital punishment isn't very effective, imo.

16. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

You're cool.

I wonder who Irene is? She's mentioned in a lot of them.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Don't know if they should be less humane, but I think executions should be made public. Too often the criminals and the general public are so detached from the actual process it never hits them what the consequences for such actions are. When they show live television feeds or these executions, I think it would deter alot more crime than it does now.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

This is nice:

"Only the sky and the green grass goes on forever and today is a good day to die."

19. Summer Song Giver