1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last nites Metallica concert

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Jul 10, 2000.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Damn did it rock! My girl and I had tickets on the floor of Texas Stadium for the show featuring System of a Down, PowerMan 5000, Kid Rock, Korn, and Metallica.

One bad thing: James Hetfield threw his back out and couldn't be there. This was actually a blessing in disguise, because Kid Rock and Jason Newstead fronted for all of the Metallica songs, which offered a totally unique show. The kicker is that Metallica is coming back to Texas Stadium on August 6th when Hetfield gets better for a FREE show for all who keep their ticket stubs.

Two bad-ass concerts for the price of one. Sounds like a party to me.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Metallica without James is like a car without gas. But, that would have been cool to see them without him. I would have liked to have seen Jason Newstead sing some songs.

What's cool for me is that my bro went and had some people in from out of town for that show. Hopefully, they won't come back for the Aug. 6th show so I can go for free [​IMG]. I like Metallica...but I'll pass on the sore neck from headbanging. I went to two shows back-to-back nights several years ago and couldn't move my neck for a few days. But, if you don't headbang, then your out of place....hehe....

Surf

------------------