1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last night told us a lot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

As good as Stevie is playing, he still is growing into his super star role...24 sec violation at end of game could have been really bad...

Except that Mobes came up with two major def boards and sunk some FTs. I've never been a huge Mobes fan, but he usually comes through when Steve doesn't

MoT...I was wrong big man...u do have a place on this team...get some rebs and u should be in the starting line-up w/Yao by all-star game (if not sooner)

Yao, how sweet potential is, especially when a glimpse is realized. If u could only block more shots.

EG is still uncomfortable posting up...he needs to work w/MoT more on his inside game. Needs to focus on rebounding and defense his strengths...more offensive rebs would be nice

KT should be third F in rotation...Rice is nice 10-15 min shooter off-the-bench (nothing more)

Moochie is good guy to get Yao ball...so is MoT

Joaquin is a real sparkplug...great guy to put on Kobe, McGrady, etc. Poor guy can't get a call, but he's all hustle team

We'll make play-offs barring serious injuries, but need to find a rotation that works. Time to start Yao and MoT.

2. Montrealjumpman

Agree with you, god, can't believe the two rookie did a perfect combination at the last minutes when Steve and Mobley were not shooting well!! Hawkins is definitely a good D player, and Kobe's miss on the last shoot is also his credit! God, this guy is underestimated, I wish his "old age" will make himself quicker into NBA. With a line-up of Steve, Mobley, Hawkins and Moochie, I think Rudy should be Ok with guards for the entire seasons. MoT was also great last night, seems that he had better teamwork with Yao Ming.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Good point Monty...I forgot the dynamic rookie duo's combo play that was huge in the final score.

4. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

This whole team is still growing...they're still young and need time to play with each other. Yao, Hawkins, Nachbar, Rice and Taylor- they're either rookies or haven't seen a lot of court time within the past year. By midseason this team will look a lot sharper and will quit with all the mental errors.