1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Coon responds to Popeye's trials

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jun 6, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Comments:
    Looks like Popeye might have reported a verbal agreement, which is legal. However, if so, it now counts against the salary cap.

In other words, it remains technically harmless since we have no chance of being under the cap.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited June 06, 2000).]

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Funny you mentioned Antonio Daniels.... someone had noted Daniels as an example of this and how the league takes it seriously. But since they said it was Daniels and San Antonio (and Daniels is just now hitting his free agency with SA) I totally figured that individual meant Antonio Davis when the Raptors talked openly about acquiring him before they could.

Guess they did mean Daniels after all.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah...the Daniels example is in the FAQ.

Is short, what the CBA says is: Negotiate if you want, but verbal agreements count. Written agreements are illegal until Aug 1st.

My "IMHO" take:
    Rockets had no incentive to keep a secret. Popeye surely is correct, but should choose better words, not "A deal is done. He is a Rocket". So, we have Mobley under verbal agreement, we can all laugh at Roy Elton again (ha ha), and Davo needs to change his salary cap page!!

Did I laugh at Roy enough.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

4. raww

raww Member

Pops,

Are you reading this?

------------------
    RAWW
    Paid for by the Frudy T. Gin and Juice Daquari Factory.

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Should I trust the words of the Devil?

Just look at that Eeeviiil laughter.

Scary.

------------------
    I have a special purpose.