1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Coon lowers the boom on JB and any Utah Offers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Nivos

Nivos Member

No, different thread, different topic.
    I was referring to the change of terms by the Rockets about the incentives. Again, if it is true that they scratched the incentives and only signed the basic salary. A lot of unknowns here but by the end of the day the reputation of the team as negotiators and how they treat their players is more important to me than if D-mo playes for this team or not.
    And in any case BJ should be fired and never get another client. Very bad handling of the whole situation through and through.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It's my understanding that the terms of the incentives have yet to be agreed upon until he takes the physical, which he is not doing because he wants the Rockets to drop the offer sheet to let him sign with Utah for more money

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  3. Nivos

Nivos Member

If we're all so confused imagine how that poor guy feels. I don't think he's trying to squeeze more money. I think he got caught up in a game of Morey chess. Nobody likes being a pawn.
    If the team is decent and will give him exactly what he signed with the Nets so I take all of it back.
    The Utah thing is just a distraction, it has no ground and no base in reality, I don't know why people are taking it seriously.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Because Calvin Watkins reported it on 790 today

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Morey Vs B.J. and he allowed himself to be a pawn?

Rocket River

6. Nivos

Nivos Member

That's what you call a media spin.
    Im not sure by whom and why but it's not relevant. Utah could've made an offer a week ago, what they just remembered now that they want D-mo?
    Or they are trying to play games (which wouldn't surprise me) or Houston is trying to arm wrestle with BJ and lower his credibility, or its all a media conspiracy to mess with our minds, but the reality is once you sign on a contract you're obliged by it. I think that's a fair assumption to assume that everyone understands that.
    And if not, screw D-mo, screw BJ, screw all of you guys, I'm going home

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Utah got word on Favors injury and scrambled to find a fill in

8. Nivos

Nivos Member

Man they knew that weeks ago.
    I call bullshit

9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dmo wants the Rockets to include a factory that makes little rubber dolls of Dmo that are to be handed out at every home game, he wants to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. He also wants a statue of himself in front of Toyota Center that is made of kryptonian material and signed by Hakeem Olajuwon. He also wants access to Harden's groupie stash of women, so that he can have saliva when he needs it and apparently Harden has been reluctant to give that up however we're still waiting for official word on this, Calvin Watkins will confirm any time now. Oh, and a beige Brougham with the license plate $$$$$$.

Nivos likes this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I should've specified, *new* info on husband injury

11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

We all know, Favors hurt himself while fapping to pictures of Dmo. Multiple insiders have confirmed this.

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Oh musta missed these sauces.

I'm getting word from a good picante sauce now that fapping also leads to back pain and anxiety. Makes the move extra risky considering his replacement also had back problems

Tha_Dude likes this.
  13. Nivos

Nivos Member

Sorry, I'm getting of the carousel but before I do, Utah is not even a side on the matter. A contract is a contract. Both sides should respect it to its fullest. That's all I'm saying.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Has DMO been emasculated by getting BJ?

That would be a first one.

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't see how anyone could misconstrue this as Morey/ROckets disrespect. You want to say DMo mad about them paying Anderson ok...but any player will tell you it's a business so I don't think they've gained or lost any reputation. I think that's the business.

DMo has been offered 8 (right?) million dollars yearly to play basketball. THAT'S A LOTTA MONEY.

What he thinks he's gaining right now, I'd be interested to hear. His agent makes money when DMO makes money so Idk what the hell he's doing. It sure seems a lot like not making ANY money.

Rockets have had every ounce of leverage this whole time and DMo has been offered a fair contract and signed it. I'll say it again...DO YOU STILL WANT TO PLAY BALL FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS?????

DonKnock, Remlap and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  16. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Morey could add the incentives back with the condition that DMo agrees to move the deadline to exercise his 2017-2018 option to July 2017. That gives Morey more flexibility next summer. Don't know if that's allowed by the rule though.

heypartner likes this.
  17. jsingles

jsingles Member

glenadyll likes this.
  18. Nivos

Nivos Member

I can't believe I'm back here writing about D-mo. I feel like I walked in the rabbit hole and it's Dmo's all around me.
    But I can't help myself so I will try and explain.
    In the business I work in its pretty similar contracts to basketball players. Quite short term contracts and very fluid, high pay but relatively short career and a lot of unknowns.
    You try to maximise your contract cause you never know when or if will be the next one.
    And most important- if you agree on a certain ammount- you better get what you agreed upom.
    When someone pulls that "it's just business" crap after he screw you over, you scratch that guy of the list and tells everyone you know never to work with that guy. It's a small world and word gets around. Eventually even the hardest meanest billioners straightening up after they realize it's not just business, and their reputation suffers from being assholes.
    Now back to Dmo- if he got a deal from the Nets- Morey should match it by every detail. I'm not saying no pre checks before, but all the incentives and everything should be there, don't play games, because for him it's not a game.
    And you would be surprised but if the rockets play games on the fine print over account of players, it will bite them back in the arse.
    Now if it's D-mo playing games, then **** him and make an example out of him and his agent.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We did match it, the parts that applied to us anyways.

20. Nivos

Nivos Member

Ye that's called, being an *******.
    The incentives were there in the original contract? Match them as well.
    I don't understand how you guys can't see that it's wrong, even if by the 'rules' you can do it. Like I said before, it's not negotiation between companies but between people. If you're being an ass to me I'll responed by giving you the finger. That's relationship