1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lara Logan destroys hate filled media manipulating the mob

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Senator

Senator Member

Another intelligent person capable of individual thought who will be labelled as a "racist" and "white supremist" on here like Mohammed Ali Jr etc.

If you want a fairer, happier nation, this is the one thing you have to read.

I have been a journalist for more then 35 years & I have never in my life witnessed such extreme disinformation coming from political figures. Four years of nonsense/lies peddled by Democrat leaders, believed by Trump haters, promoted by journalists pretending to care about truth

It is sickening to watch people get away with it year after year. I am not and have never been defined by politics. I know the difference between good & evil and I fight for the good. The truth is all that matters in the end - but amazingly, one side clings to these lies.

You can’t create a false narrative of Russia collusion, spend tens of millions of taxpayer money looking for any way to support the lie - then have to admit the truth & still expect honest, decent people to fall for the ongoing lie you continue to build regardless of the facts.

Only the ideologically blinded would still believe at this point that the President is a Russian spy still doing Putin’s bidding and a white supremacist/neo-Nazi - like the African American and Hispanic people I was reporting on this week, all labeled “white supremacists” too.

Their crime was supporting a political candidate the left is determined to destroy - as they say: “by any means necessary”. How do you label a black woman with three degrees, one of them from Stanford, and two mixed race daughters a “white supremacist”? So many Americans

See through this & are tired of these smears. What many say to me is that you can oppose racism/racial injustice & suppport justice for George Floyd & others killed like him & support the Police at the same time. You can be critical of this country and love it at the same time -

You do not have to hate America to be a good person. The media megaphone today is held by those who see things one way but there are millions of Americans today whose voices are ignored/overlooked. I know because I hear from them all the time. They say the majority is not silent,

They say the majority is not silent - it is loud but the media isn’t listening to them because they look down on those living in “flyover country” who may not think the same way as they do. What they also say is they do not believe this country is divided,

Millions do not believe this country is divided & we’ve never been more united in condemning/standing against racism. They’re shocked leaders on both sides are not standing up for the principles on which the country was founded & say 1619 is part of what made 1776 so great -

It led to a document based on principles of justice and equality and freedom, that was meant ultimately to right the wrongs of the past and guarantee those things for all. Regardless of how you see it, this country has stood as a beacon of light in a dark world and still does.

Leaders who do not stand to gain from America’s destruction are watching from afar, some have expressed to me in recent weeks, that they fear for freedom everywhere if that light goes out here.

@pgabriel
    @Rocket River

ROXRAN likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Platitudes, platitudes, platitudes.

Nook likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so there's raw intel on it.

next.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Lara Logan is a conservative... she is a South African that works for Fox, is praised by Sean Hannity... is married to a defense contractor and she has a personal vendetta against Obama.

So really I don’t give a **** what her opinion is. She already was reprimanded for doing an insufficient job at CBS as her reporting was so bad they sidelined her.

Another thing. She is 49 years old and claims she has been a journalist for more than 35 years....

#4 Nook, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    dobro1229, Xenon, adoo and 8 others like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What's her beef with Obama?

For what happened in Egypt?

7. Nook

Nook Member

He was the President when she was gangraped in Cairo.

Obama personally called her on his own volition after it happened.... but she blamed US foreign policy under the Obama administration as cause of problems. She said that Obama wasn't hard enough of terrorism and said in graphic terms that the USA should have killed and punished far more than they did under Obama.

She also drew a lot or ire from Obama over a 60 Minutes Benghazi Report she made that was very critical of Obama and the response. Obama through surrogates fired back that the 60 Minutes report and the claimed eyewitness was lying. It took awhile, but ultimately Logan said that the report was inaccurate and that she and 60 Minutes had been fooled and conned by the eyewitness.

So there was no love lost there at all.

8. fchowd0311

Seems like she deserves any hate that is sent her way.

She also wants more death and destruction in the Middle East as if they haven't suffered enough over the past decades. She's a sociopath and her most alluring trait and the only reason she was popular(her physical attractiveness) is slowly dying off.

Nook likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

She was brutally gang raped in Egypt. I am sure it was incredibly traumatic and it may well have shaded her views or opinions… but she is in the public sphere and she is relied upon as a person with credibility and her extreme views and honestly, insane conspiracy theories have no real place in the world.

She feels she has been marginalized by Obama and the left… what she doesn’t realize is she marginalized herself, releasing false stories on a very credible show like 60 Minutes, calling for increased brutality in the Middle East and now trying to give credibility to known conspiracy theories.

My wife is the smartest person I know. Was in medical school at 18 years old… and she said that what Logan and Carlson are doing should be illegal because of the impact. I told her that was foolish, but the more of this I see and how deep the impact is, I start to think she may be right.

jiggyfly, rockbox and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’ll admit I didn’t know much about her before. Sounds like she is shaped by both her background as a white South African and the trauma in Cairo. I see recently she called Fauci a Nazi doctor too so we see where her head is at politically.

It is horrible what happened to her but I don’t really have time to take her opinions at this point seriously. There are cases I see often where the Journalist gets in too deep as part of the story and it shapes their coverage. For foreign correspondents especially this seems to be the case and you can’t blame them.

I have the utmost respect for what Richard Engles does for NBC, but even he has shown that he’s too close at times to the story. I think he gets to know some of these people personally and he sees and feels the trauma overseas and he really has started to let it slip in his coverage where he essentially is advocating for positions that are untenable from a US national security interest, but you can’t blame him for feeling that way being so close to the story.

So maybe the networks need to do a better job of having a rotating circuit overseas and offer some better counseling. We need journalists over there telling these stories but we also need them to not be overly shaping their opinions into them either.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when that happened to Lara Logan. That was during the Arab Spring protests and she was sexually assaulted by several Egyptian men.
    It's terrible but journalist frequently get targeted during conflicts.

During my very brief stint as a reporter for the Daily CAL I was attacked by looters during a protests in Berkeley. That same night I just barely just missed getting clubbed by Riot Police.

For Logan I can certainly understand how that would be a traumatic experience. Unfortunately it's for her editors to decide whether that has colored her reporting. In this case it's troubling that Fox News is peddling questionable reporting but also opinions and content that are repeating Russian propaganda. Especially considering that a Fox News reporter is injured and two support staff were just killed in fighting in Ukraine.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I gotta imagine it must be very hard to be objective or to let personal or latent biases leak in. I still like Charlie Dagata for CBS as a reporter but was very disappointed to hear him describe Ukraine and Ukrainians as "more civilized" than refugees from Africa and the Middle East.

13. SamFisher

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy cow!

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. SamFisher

Yep, she just blew so-called natural selection wide open.

- Ginni Thomas

16. fchowd0311

Man it's always "the Jews".

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Raw intel? Lol more like raw sewage.

Andre0087 and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It always surprises me how the far right is so pro-Israel and yet so anti-Semitic at the same time.

FranchiseBlade and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

anyone harping about the lies being told by the "left" while ignoring the mountain of lies told by the "right" has ZERO credibility.

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow, she really is bonkers.

FranchiseBlade likes this.