1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Zierlein vs Nick Wright

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jul 15, 2013.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you have the link to it?

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  3. 713

713 Member

It's 2013 and you guys still listen to local radio.. hahahahaha

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I get enough national sports on the four letter network to prefer Houston sports radio, if I'm going to listen to sports radio. I don't care about hearing about the Jets, Lakers and Heat any more than I already do. Prefer local hosts talking about local teams.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

As the name would imply, it is a football show, they are 2 football players, they don't have any basketball background. I enjoy their show during football season, but I'm just not in a football mood right now

Why would you listen to national radio? Who gives a **** a out other teams?

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I have Sirius and listen to it exclusively for music. I haven't listened to a minute of FM radio in at least 4 years. During football season I'll listen to the NFL station quite often, but the other sports stations on there are garbage. 790 puts out a far better product than any of the national options in my opinion.

7. ths balla

ths balla Member

where do u all play? used to intern for Nuno at 1560

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, did Nick Wright say something about his family or not?

9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I liked the show a lot during the NFL season, but those guy have really struggled since. I'm so tired of their stale stuff that I may not listen when football resumes. IMO, AM790 made a mistake by continuing their show at 2 hours during the offseason. Should have either reduced it to 1 hour or shut it down until training camp started.

11. Poloshirtbandit

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It was funny the day that Bunbee was on with Lance. They had a third guy as well (don't recall his name) and they were talking about the whole "winner" angle with Dwight. I chuckled to hear Bub defend Dwight as a winner and explain that there is a difference between a winner and a champion. Lance never chimed in with his "Dwight's never been a winner" argument he was making the few weeks before the Dwight signing.

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Please direct me to the Houston Texans/Houston Rockets station on Sirius with local hosts who actually watch the teams play. Thanks in advance, 713...I don't get NEARLY enough national sports coverage on television/internet

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I tuned into 610 and they were wasting breath on Chase Daniel. In ****ing July. Get lost. At least talk about Randy Bullock or something.

16. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

Reminds me of this guy
    [​IMG]

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh d***. I done messed up. I made Nick Frost and Edgar Wright one person. Embarrassing. Shameful. Neg rep me.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Done.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Super disappointed to see Clutch's post about Lance. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time around. He does know a lot esp when it comes to x's and o's.

These radio guys (Matt Jackson, Charlie P aside) are arrogant as can be. They get idiots calling in all day that are casual fans and have no idea about how salary caps work, etc. They think that posters on cfans are like their ignorant callers because of a few bad apples on here that don't know jack. Of course, there are some good callers but that seems to be a rare occurrence.

Some of these guys don't even watch games. Meanwhile, some of us are watching the lingerie league to get our football fix :)rolleyes:)

610 continues to bring in in outta towners that have limited sports knowledge. Nasally voices FTW I suppose.

#59 sammy, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  20. Indaface

Indaface Member

Was listening to Adam Clanton (on SportsMT's timeslot) today and pretty much the second half of the show was decicated to sports talk in 1998 (because of a random caller bringing up topics from 1998 at the end of his call). People calling to break down the Astros chances against the Padres and about the NBA lockout and Scottie Pippen's chances with the Rockets.

I can honestly say that was 10x better than anything any other station has done recently.