1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LANCE ZIERLEIN JOINING CHARLIE PALLILO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>. HMW BREAKING | LANCE ZIERLEIN &amp; CHARLIE PALLILO? <a href="http://t.co/X7ZiesBL" title="http://bit.ly/SF1d9m">bit.ly/SF1d9m</a> Get it in on HMW <a href="https://twitter.com/lesbiancraig"><s>@</s><b>lesbiancraig</b></a></p>&mdash; HoustonMediaWatch (@HMW_CREEPS) <a href="https://twitter.com/HMW_CREEPS/status/237316344289300481" data-datetime="2012-08-19T22:33:20+00:00">August 19, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That website should have died with myspace. It scrolls randomly when I visit it.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

That would be awesome if true, but would cp agree to a partner after being on air alone for so long?

If true this is the best duo in town

3. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I really hope this is true.

Matt and Adam are fine by themselves in the AM.

Pallilo is great by himself but adding Lance to the mix should reduce the amount of uninformed callers Charlie is forced to take in order to give his voice a break.

4. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Damn it, this move does not fit my schedule AT ALL!

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Should be interesting. But I think the morning guys need Lance more than Charlie does.

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

So Josh and Rich or Lance and Charlie ? :grin:

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That would be pretty awesome.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He needs an hour with Matt Thomas and an hour with Pallilo or something. Maybe an hour solo in between. Who is lesbiancraig? I hate stupid names like the high tech Texas and lesbiancraig.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This would be awesome
    Then Charlie can stop spending 3.5 hours a day talking about how much the Astros suck

I cannot listen to him nowadays
    Every time i turn there he is talking Astros. . .and how the suck

Rocket River
    I hate baseball

11. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Nice! Lance, Matt and Adam are my three favorite sports radio guys in Houston, but the three of them on one show was too much. Given that Matt and Adam have worked together so much over the years, Lance was the obvious choice to move.

I also think the move makes a ton of sense for Charlie's show. Charlie is a consummate professional and his knowledge is unmatched, but his show can get boring because he has to take so many calls to keep from talking to himself for four hours. One or two calls per segment isn't bad, but I have trouble listening to more than a segment or two if taking call is all that happens. Hopefully Lance joining Charlie will allow for more discussion between two very knowledgeable hosts and less discussion between Charlie and the (mostly) ignorant callers.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I haven't been in Houston for a decade; but if Zierlein's still big on impressions he might want to cool it with the elfin one.

13. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'll agree with you that Charlie probably spends more time talking about how bad the Astros are than he really needs to, but his willingness to talk about something other than the Texans (or the NFL at large) is something I appreciate. I realize that the NFL is king, but most other shows on the air in Houston are 95% Texans talk and not just now when the season is approaching. It's that way all year.

14. conquistador#11

Uh oh! for the other station

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Strange that this would happen right before football season. LZ's biggest strength is breaking down the games and that's best suited for the morning after a game IMO.

He should do Monday morning with Matt/Adam and In the Trenches and Tues-Friday with Charlie.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I would hope Lance talks 100% about football during the season, but pairing him with Charlie makes me scared they'll make it more caller based. Give him an hour on his own where he can bring in his dad for OL breakdown, talk about handicapping and fantasy stuff.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Not sure I like it. I like listening to Lance, but can't stand Charlie. His cynicism and preference of the astros (the only team I don't care about in Houston) mixed with his caller based show make him unlistenable for me. Matt Thomas ftw

18. conquistador#11

most importantly, tony the hatchet man! i can see tony putting charlie in a body bag, god forbid;)

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agreed that Lance had to move on so Matt & Adam could resume what has worked so well for many years, but I'm concerned about the chemistry between CP & Lance. Seems like most successful duos have an outspoken guy that does most of the talking and a foil. Both CP & Lance like to control the conversation. We'll see. Hopefully Lance will reduce the number of times Charlie goes off the tracks discussing the Astros.

In an earlier thread, I expressed the idea Lance would be a good fit discussing football on In the Trenches, but Kalu & Koch have now carved out a unique niche by themselves.

Lance is definitely a top sportsradio guy in Houston and AM790 needs to find the proper place for him. Problem is, the other top-notch hosts also work there and occupy the prime slots.

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Charlie is just fine on his own.

Should have put Lance with Matt Thomas and given Matt a break from trying to be funny. Because he's not.