1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

lamar odom and the game of his life

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yipengzhao, Mar 6, 2004.

1. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

30-19-11 against the kings. wow!

people who have fantasy teams should definitely pick him up... i think he will do even better next year.

you know if you take away the 10+ losses in a row to begin the season they're playing 500 ball, which is darned good in the east. pat riley may have given up too early.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That really is a monster game! WOW.

I am glad Odom got a chance to go to another team. He really is blossoming in Miami, away from the Clippers. I thought Odom should have made the East All Star team this year. If he keeps up his good play (close to averging a double-double) he will eventually make it.

3. yipengzhao

he actually is averaging is double double if you round 9.7 rebounds to 10. what's not really impressive is that I think he's having his lowest FG percentage of his career.

for some reason he reminds me of a danny manning, who i liked, but odom is more athletic. he has a chance to be the chris webber of the east.

4. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

This should be no surprise to anyone who has watched Lamar Odom in the past. He was easily the most skilled player on each of the Clippers teams he was on but he could just never get his act together due to injuries and attitude problems. If I had to pick a player in the NBA right now who could come closest to averaging a triple double for a season I would pick him.

5. xishi

xishi Member

why can't we get lamar...why why why. I love this guy, wish he wouldn't so much weed though.

6. xishi

xishi Member

7. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

IIRC, Odom was the guy that Cat and Francis were hoping that the Rockets would acquire for the first overall pick a couple of years back.

Odom is playing well. His rebounding is something I did not think was a strong part of his game, but getting double digit rebounds along with 5 or so assists and his points makes him a great player on an average team.

8. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Stevie used to be a great player on an average team. Put Lamar on a winning team like the Rox and he becomes relegated to less of a star role and more of a role player. Or he'll struggle to adjust his game like Francis has:(

9. yipengzhao

is lamar odom really that good? i'd like to see higher FG%

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is an all round player who has the advantage of being able to play as a point forward. His shooting range for the 3 pointer isn't very good. If his shooting percentage was better he would be a all star right now.
    I'm glad to see him doing well. It's always nice to see someone bounce back after going through rough times.

11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Lamar Odom is good but he's not THAT good. And that's what most people are thinking reading this. He's on the worst team in the NBA fer cryin out loud.

12. lalala902102001

Odom has always been one of the most versatile and talented forwards in the league. He's not really that athletic, but he's very crafty and skilled. He can absolutely play point forward if needed. Miami surprisingly is in the playoff contention this year and Odom has a lot to do with it.

13. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I'm so glad to see Lamar turning things around. Such a remarkable talent, it's a shame it took him this long to get going.

Here's hoping he stays focused, that team has a lot of growing to do, I hope he's part of it.

14. Ryoga Hibiki

Ryoga Hibiki Member

As far as talent Odom is at Kobe's, McGrady's or LeBron's level, I'm not surprised at all to see a game like this, but I want to see consistency.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

The heat are tied for the final playoff spot in the eastern conference. Not that it's saying that much, but he is leading his team to the playoffs, something the Rox haven't done yet.