1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers sign Soumaila Samake, look out world!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LakerMania, Aug 23, 2002.

1. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20020823/ap-lakers-samake.html

Lakers sign center Samake

August 23, 2002

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Lakers signed free agent Soumaila Samake on Friday.

The 7-foot center averaged 3.8 points and 6.0 rebounds in 18.3 minutes on the Lakers' Summer Pro League team in Long Beach.

Samake was a second-round draft pick of the New Jersey Nets in 2000. He played in 34 games for the Nets in the 2000-01 season, averaging 1.4 points and 1.6 rebounds in 6.6 minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man I am sure Mitch has some kind of master plan by signing all these scrubs to our team, I just haven't figured it out yet. I saw this beanpole play in the SPL this year and he's not NBA material.

I am now officially transfering Walker's "Suckmaki" title over to Soumaila, except he will be called "Suckmake". He makes Walker look like KG.

2. o0|mcCants|0o

o0|mcCants|0o Member

woow......a masterplan ?!?!??!?!?!?!?
    it was nice to sign AJ Guyton but Samake ??!?!?!?!?!
    :confused:

3. foodworld

foodworld Member

At 7'0"-7'2" and 230 pounds, this guy looks like a shorter Manute Bol. He's never scored more than five points in an NBA game, and has only one strength: shot-blocking. That is, he goes up to block every shot attempt, either fouling or falling out of rebounding position. At least he doesn't airball dunks (Yinka) or dribble out of bounds (Diop)...

It's a sad day for the NBA when someone like Samake can find himself on a championship roster... (no offense to him, but to the team brass and the level of league competition)

If he bulks up, he can become a good lane clogger and rebounder. But the Fakers have already wasted roster space on colossal project Jelani McCoy. Do they really need another one?

#3 foodworld, Aug 24, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2002
  4. coolpet

coolpet Member

Lakers should sign Bateer

5. Stevie Francis

looks like he will be siting along side with mitch richmond at the end of the bench.

6. o0|mcCants|0o

o0|mcCants|0o Member

how many players do Lakers now have ?
    I don't think tjat Samake will be in the lineup....:rolleyes:

7. o0|mcCants|0o

o0|mcCants|0o Member

i ment that*;)

8. costashater2

costashater2 Member

The Lkers dont need any help they already have the NBA and the refs on their side. The Lakers could go out there with with Shaq, Kobe and USBL players and they will still win because they have the refs on their side. The refs will not let the Lakerslose.