1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers pursuing trade for DeMarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Zero doubt.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Karl at it again. Fire him vivek. Noone will blame u this time.

3. NotChandlerParsons

Seems like Vivek and Divac are 100% against it, so I don't think Cousins is going to be traded, this is just going to get really ugly for everyone involved is all.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lakers get Cousins.
    Knicks get the 2.
    Sixers get the 4 and the 6
    Nuggets get the 3 +LA2016.
    Kings get Lawson, Faried, and the 7.</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/613239383227936768">June 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

For you Boogie....

[​IMG]

Demand a trade to Houston!

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I smell it now.

Lakers getting their next young all-star and some team is about to do something incredibly stupid.

Dan Gilbert, you are our only hope.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol why not just get both Randle and the 2nd pick if you really want to trade Cousins? Your proposed trade is just a dow grade from Cousins to Vucevic for Sac. Also if they trade Cousins Sac is dumb as ****. The owner should step in and put a stop to this **** immediately, Boogie wants to stay in Sac the FO should make it clear its his town.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Cousins is easily the 2nd best big man prospect after Anthony Davis. If you were to build a completely new team around a big man this instance, you would not pick anyone else but these two.

So why would the Kings, who still have Cousins under contract for a long time, choose to downgrade to Vucevic?

Unless the teams are doing each other favors, there is no chance in hell Lakers will get Cousins unless they completely gut their future of draft picks and trade away Randle + Clarkson. Even then, it would not be equal value for the Kings.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why is G Karl linked to Cousins?

13. Raven

Raven Member

Owner choosing Karl over Cousins? Oooooo k. Let's see how that works out.

14. rockets13champs

Wtch the sixers trade him for embiid

15. Audioout

Audioout Member

I still love Dwight but his and Harden's windows are not the same and the two don't seem to be on the same page with one another.

We have to very quietly see if Sac is interested in a Dwight, TJ and pick trade for Cousins and Landry. Then Smith would probably follow in free agency, they can pick up Rondo like they wanted and those three good friends would be together meaning Dwight would likely stay.

A core of Rondo, Gay, Howard and Smith would be problematic basketball wise (they don't seem concerned though) but talented and would sell tickets. Hell, I'd even tune in just out of curiosity.

Landry is a 3 year contract so I imagine they'd like to move that and they'd get Jones who isn't bad at all along with a pick.

The money definitely works and Sac has traded us Artest and Martin in the past so we have some sort of relationship with the front office.

I think it's a fair deal. :grin:

16. rockets13champs

.... no

17. Audioout

Audioout Member

Oh, and if you read the story from Woj, ownership doesn't want to rebuild right now heading into a brand new arena and Karl doesn't want to lose with young players and would rather have established, veteran talent.

18. Audioout

Audioout Member

If you don't think it can happen I totally get that. Though trading him at all is a dumb move if you ask me. But are you saying "No" as in you wouldn't do it??

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If it were NBA2k I would trade Dwight for Cousins.

But not here, it makes sense. You get one of the best young big men and one of the best young guards. Kobe-Shaq two? I get it.

Problem is if you trade Dwight it shows no loyalty and I think it's something you don't want the franchise to be known for. Morey is already on rocky ground with that stuff. I think we can win with a good PG any ways.

20. Audioout

Audioout Member

You make a very valid point but the same could be said of almost any franchise. He may even like it if he gets to play with Rondo and Smith and play the way he wants to.